A very sad thing
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

A very sad thing

Once, I started gothic from the beginning (Once again?) and I decided to take Mud with me to all my adventures etc. The sad thing is that I didnt have him *sniff* eventually he got lost and I thought he was beaten by goblins but a couple of days later (really) I found the bastard sitting around in the old camp! Then he started chasing me around again.

Well, I started hating him when he didnt have anything new to say. But I didnt kick his ass because I wanted to see what would happen when I'd take him to the end of the game.

Unfortunately, that wasnt possible. He was beaten up by some rats or goblins.

Sad.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:53 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Mud was modelled after a German t.v. host. No one ever takes him to the final chapters of the game. He can't/won't fight and interrupts you constantly.
Most of us killed him (at least I did).
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:16 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

the moment i got the chance a sword from nowhere whiped the poor bastared out
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:19 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can't drag him too far from the Old Camp. He will stop following you shortly after you leave the camp, and head back to his hut.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:49 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

would be fun having mud in the sleepers temple.I wonder what would he say when he would saw him
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:29 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The first time I played... I kicked his ass for good. I beat him up with fists muahah.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:58 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Seriously why would anyone want to drag mud along? I could bet If he saw sleeper he would most likely make some dirty comments how sleeper reminds him from the onar's lambs...Belive or not, some people deserved their fate in the colony.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:57 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

First time i encounterd him the first thing that pops in my mind is how am i going to kill him? I know i will lure him outside the old camps walls and kill him.

and thats what i did every time i walked by the camp the asshole would follow me i thought when i told him to leave me alone he would never talk to me but he kept doing it so i was reasonable i gave him a chance but then i just had to lure him out and kill him and i didnt just attack him and let him run away cause i did and he ran but i chased him down by doing the acrobat move then i slashed him and then stuck my sword in him and then i felt all warm and tingly inside.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:27 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

ah poor old mud .. one of the most hated npc's likely also the one to have been killed the most times and debated here for that matter .. any how i dont think it would be possible to bring mud to the sleepers temple even if you cleared a path there by killing everthing that could scare him off seens you have to do a load screen to get inside the temple .. so they have to had programed a "sleepers temple mud" for him to get there .. just like they did with xardas .. there are 2 diffrent NPC scripts for xardas in the coloney and xardas in the temple so even if you killed xardas outside the temple he'd still apear inside the temple
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:20 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

At first I tried to get mud along, but after first interuption during the battle, I changed my min about his life, so I fried him. (Go fireball!)
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:06 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

But Wulf said that... It must be possible!
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

well i cant really say 100% that its impossible just the in teori it would be .. ofcause i could be wrong and its would still be possible to insert mud while in the temple
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:55 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I have never tried to take any followers into mines or the temple.

And if you would add Mud there, he wouldn't propably do anything special.

Two people have said that they have took Mud with them to the end.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:12 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by mazu
But Wulf said that... It must be possible!

And he believes Chromanin has another ending even though the devs say it is not so.....but he knows the game extremely, and I do mean EXTREMELY well. I have never seen him post something that I did not know or could not find, and I mean stuff the average player would never dream of....without cheats too.

From my memory of a past thread, someone said they were lvl 23 on the change from chap..2 to chap.3.....now i can say without doubt....bullshit! I cleared the map of anything that could possibly be killed or done. Orc village gone, swamp camp gone, new camp gone, old camp plus In Extremo gone......lvl 22 as a circle 4 mage with no quests left except "The Invocation" to start chap 3. And YES i cleared the map before chap1 to 2 change.

@Wulf and Maylander....i finally remembered how to kill the shadowbeats at lvl 8.....thanks for not replying to my quesion

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:59 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

he is a gothic scientist.

I should try it out someday, he told how to get he followers to the mines and the temple.

But it might take too long, can I just load a savegame from the end and go pick Shrat and Mud up?
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:18 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next