Frustrated on Level 8 (dwarven forge)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

Frustrated on Level 8 (dwarven forge)

What the heck IS that thing? A werewolf or something???? How do I hurt it? It kills me with ONE hit! I am VERY frustrated here, I keep running from it, but I eventually run out of places to run! I climbed the ladder in one room and shot arrows at it until I convinced myself that arrows don't do JACK to this guy! Please help, he's driving me insane
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:51 am
JumpyJim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Room with that ladder, notice the grill covering the lava .. if only you could somehow remove that grill ....
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:17 am
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

sheesh

Yeah, luckily for me, he got stuck on the pillar in the middle of the room, so I was able to unlock the lever from the other room then use the lever in the lava room.... Why did it kill him and not me? I take it the heat was supposed to be melting him, but I was standing right next to the grate, why was I spared? Is the guardian supremely heat resistant?
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:22 am
mikey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, how I did it was activate the machine and place both dwarf meats under the "stomper" and when it started eating it, hit the switch so it crushes the beast. Then after you walk towards another door and the beast breaks through a wooden area...walk back toward where you crushed him and open the level (now working) to make him fall into the floor lava pit.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:01 am