View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
That still does not explain the lack of an English demo.
Nobody tried to explain that. -
When I asked a JoWooD representative about the demo in December, he told me, "There's no date as of yet. You'll have to wait until 2003." Well, it's April, and the year has 12 months .
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:26 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Nobody tried to explain that.

That's the problem. We know it's finished, and there are no distribution issues, so what's the hold up?
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:46 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's all up to JoWooD. If they manage to secure a distribution deal, there'll be a demo for sure. If not... well.
Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:00 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

while the international community is still waiting for the official release dates to be announced, our publisher jowood is searching for a distribution partner. according to jowood, the release dates will be made known shortly after the signing of the contracts.

both jowood and piranha bytes apologize for the delay. you can rest assured we'll publish the dates and any other important info here, on the official website.

4-4-2003

So they did not get a distributor? Funny, G2 sold so good in Reinland (greater German speaking countries) why would they not want to sign a deal that would be a sure hit internationally?

I wonder about distributor companies that will market terrible games, yet a great game like Gothic with proven sales record gets overlooked? I think they need to hire new Marketing people; look at how Master of Orion 3 crashed and burned and that game was all over the world on shelves.

Maybe we can do the voice acting and put it back in the game; along with sub-titles....buy German version then add on Fan made English voices...
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:12 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
Maybe we can do the voice acting and put it back in the game; along with sub-titles....buy German version then add on Fan made English voices...

Now thats an idea lets do it, i got a girlfriend woulds voice would rock your world hah
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:35 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
So they did not get a distributor? Funny, G2 sold so good in Reinland (greater German speaking countries) why would they not want to sign a deal that would be a sure hit internationally?

I imagine it's not as easy as it sounds. I doubt the sales of Gothic were strong enough to really turn heads so big publishers will see it as a niche title and German sales don't necessarily translate to American sales.

Jowood would see it as one of their strongest titles and would want to get top-dollar for any deal, while large American disties would see it as a relatively small market and want to pay bottom dollar. They would know Jowood is financially weak and perhaps if they take their time Jowood might get desperate and accept a low offer. So, these negotiations take a while - that's my guess.
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:42 am
Superluemmel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, you should also keep in mind that JoWood had some serios financial problems last year. Immediately after the german release of Gothic II they had, I think it was Koch Media, finish the later productions.
Another flop could be fatal for the whole company, so they are a bit more cautious. Perhaps overcautious, who knows....
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:45 pm
Dog Of War
Village Leader
Village Leader

I ask this before 4 months , and my question was "WHERE THE F*** IS ENGLISH VERSION???"
And know , 4. month of 2003. , so where the hell is that game?
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:10 pm
Superluemmel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"It'll be out when it's done."
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:07 pm
Jack Sisco
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

man i'll think i'll just go back to playing G1 over and over till G2 come out...... maybe i should jarwood...no no the game would never come out yetr then.....
wave came.
Both: lol
Post Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:07 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Superluemmel
"It'll be out when it's done."

It is done. That's the worst part.
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:53 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
It's all up to JoWooD. If they manage to secure a distribution deal, there'll be a demo for sure. If not... well.

The number of demo downloads and feedback on the demo would be an asset in the attempt to secure distribution.
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:55 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

This whole thing is turning into a big joke..I know very well,that games can be delayed for many reasons, like they are not ready and so on.I understand it.I can live with it.But this is so ridiculous.C'mon the whole goddamn game has been ready for 3 months! and the german version has been out for something like 4-5 months..Lastly i would like to point how we english speaking fans are treated, no official statement of anykind for 3 months!No news on english gothic 2 website.It seems like they don't care anymore.If i would be a dev i would even tell something whats happening, or make a demo at the very least for us...

heh i know whining doesn't help a shit, but what else can we do
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:01 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

oops sorry..i just noticed official statement on english gothic 2 website.Ignore that part
Post Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:51 pm
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

So, now that Q1 is over, what is the release date now? I've heard it being around April 14-16, but I've also heard it being as far back as May 2nd. How 'bout another update if possible?
Post Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:33 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next