2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

Author Thread
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Best Trilogy ever launches the second part in movies what do you think? I'm not giving my vote yet cause I haven't seen it, Not Yet.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:26 am
Remy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Two Towers is such a fantastic movie. I can't believe it is possible to make a movie so good. The first one was great in the Lord of the Rings, but the events in the second are so much more interesting.. so much more power. AHH I must see it again... I could have sat there for an extra 3 hours... watching.. too bad the film got split on the screen for 10 minutes near the end. Anyways... now I have to wait a whole year. <nothign compared to how long it takes for other sequels to come out.. but still> at least I'll have two movies to watch straight.
SO GOOD!!!
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:58 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Remember people, it does not say SPOILERS in the title.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Val you’ve got to be joking, how can you spoil somebody a movie when it is keep so close to the book? Came to think about it I wonder how many people is going to see this movie without ever reading LOTR?

As a big fan of fantasy word (well, Toril is my favorite (Forgotten Realms)) I did enjoyed Two Towers and I was impress how PJ tried to keep actual events on the screen as in the book. Of course this is never possible with adaptation of such huge epic (exp. no time for Tom Bombardil in the first one). And I’m surprised that the movie finished before Shelob’s Pass.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:05 am
Jericho
Chicken?
Chicken?

Well not everyone have read the books and since I'm not seeing TTT until tonight I don't want spoilers.. Just want to know if it is better or worse than FotR.. Personally i thought the extended version of FotR was way better and I hope they release a similar version if TTT is as good

Never argue with the insane. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
And according to Lintra it is contagious

Quote from Val to Jericho: "You're an evil little cat, you know that."
Quote from Dhruin: "*Sigh* If only I was as perfect as Jericho"
Quote from Mr Roach: "We all wish we were perfect as Jericho"
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:27 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

In m opinion the Fellowship was better. TT was good but it might have been better with different pacing, less corny romance scenes and less 'obvious' special effects.
And there may have been more Orks in it but they didn't have enough screen time for my refined taste .
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:11 am
Lizzy
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Between The Fellowship and Two Towers, my vote goes to the Two Towers.
Fellwoship, to me, was just a bunch of running and fighting. Two Towers was more epic. In both films the special effects were awesome, but they really shine in Two Towers. Instead of using special effects to make a story they use it to tell a story, which to me is outstanding. My only disappointment was that they didn't play their trailer song from Requiem for a Dream, it really sounds great.

-Lizzy
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:35 am
Lizzy
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, I don't think it does, so...

Kudos to the first person that can remember Gollums other name.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:04 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Smeagol (sp). Andy Serkis (sp?) is the dude in the suit.

I was just watching a review on LOTR-TT and an Australian reporter said it was great to see Miranda Otto with a much bigger role than in the first movie. You idiot Stimpy.

And some of us unfortunates have to wait until Boxing Day to see TT. Please don't rub it in if you already have.

Edith struck again.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:16 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

For me the TT is better then the first part. I think eveyone should go see it ( eveyrone probably will )
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:19 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I reaaaaaaallllyyyy liked it...

END
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:02 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Seth
And I’m surprised that the movie finished before Shelob’s Pass.
I'm seeing it later today, so I'll give my full opinion later.

But if you check out the official LOTR website, it does say where the movie ends. The reasons for this editing IMO is obvious: The Return of the King is a much shorter book once you cut out the appendices. This way, you can have more development in TTT, and the movies will be of about the same length. Also, for Hollywood purposes you have a better action climax.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:43 am
Jericho
Chicken?
Chicken?

** Might be a tiny spoiler if you havent read the book **

Saw it last night.. There was no problem with the cutting..
I must say it is pretty hard to decide which one was better than the other. After all I have seen FotR a few times and dont really feel like seeing it again for some time now and TTT is all new.. I feel somehow like TTT was what I expected.. Sure I had high expectations and it is strong of it to live up to them but when you walk out of a theathre(sp?) thinking that the movie was like you expected it to be, it's not the same feeling as with FotR. Besides that time all the orks, the story, the characters and everything was new.. As most of you know Gollum gets introduced properly this time and I must say that is the best Computer Graphics ever seen.. He actually looks real.. or as real as it gets. I was most impressed with his looks and he made the movie better IMHO. All in all I can just say that they are both great movies and personally I might prefer FotR a little bit since TTT maybe felt a little bit longer.. But it's unfair to compare them and they should be considered as one whole movie, the 3 episodes.

Never argue with the insane. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
And according to Lintra it is contagious

Quote from Val to Jericho: "You're an evil little cat, you know that."
Quote from Dhruin: "*Sigh* If only I was as perfect as Jericho"
Quote from Mr Roach: "We all wish we were perfect as Jericho"
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:39 am
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Maybe I'm going to see it sunday night so I'll cast my vote after I go to see it. Just one question whats the length of the movie 3 hours or 3 and a half hours?
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:01 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

3 hours with ads beforehand.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next