Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Fallout - A Post Nuclear Adventure (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by Grifman
quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
1-@Toaster: Who is the final boss in Fallout 1? I didn't find it possible to talk to Frank "to death". I didn't even like the end. If you get the soldiers with you, than it's fairly easy to run away & wait while they kill him.

Uh, sorry, now tell me, who was the big bad boss in FALLOUT? It was the Master. Horrigan is in FALLOUT 2!

quote:
2-@Grifman: Imeant that battles in Fallout are better than in MW. I finished MW with as few battles as I could. That is a way I like it. But Fallout is harder in this stuff. Like how can you not fight, when you find people while u're travelling? Ok. I know the outlander(or whatever it was) skill, but it's still not like Morrowind. Also I didn't like the poor grafix....

It is very easy not to fight people in random encounters if you build your character correctly. Take the perk that gives you two additional AP for movement, plus have high agility character - and just run off the map! You start far enough away that you should be able to get off the map quite easily. You have to build your character with what you want to accomplish in mind - a non-fighter is going to be a runner

Grifman

1-In Fallout 2, which I completed, it was Frank Horrigan. But who is the "Master"?

2-Is it good to be a runner? Can you7 complete all tghe quests if you're a runner?...
Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:27 pm
Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
I haven't talked the Master to death yet, but I've heard it's possible. I have a feeling you have to have 200 in speech, I think 200 is maximum in FO 1. I haven't reached the boss in FO 2 yet, but I think I will try again some day.

Nope you don't have to have anything near to 200 speech to talk him into killing himself. You do need an important piece of evidence though

Grifman
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:26 pm
Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote="~NOBODYUh, sorry, now tell me, who was the big bad boss in FALLOUT? It was the Master. Horrigan is in FALLOUT 2!

1-In Fallout 2, which I completed, it was Frank Horrigan. But who is the "Master"?[/quote]

I am not going to tell you. Play Fallout and find out! If you haven't played this game, you need to!

quote:
2-Is it good to be a runner? Can you7 complete all tghe quests if you're a runner?...

It's not a matter of being good, it's a matter of what you want to do with your character, whether you want to be a fighter or a diplomat, an evil guy or a good noble person. The choice is up to you.

And, no, you probably can't complete all quests with a "runner", but you can finish the game, which is no different than being a good or evil character - they can't complete all the quests either.

Grifman
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:30 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

1-I didn't like Fallout 1 because of the timing. I like a game where I can do every quest I find, see every place on the map & talk to every NPC before I finish the game.

2-By "good" I meant "Strong\good for the game", not "noble". I usually play as a Noble Diplomat. But in Fallout, I didn't like to be a diplomat.
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:08 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hagen
toaster are you kiddin? you can talk Harrigon to death?!

LOL

Duh, we're talking about Fallout, not Fallout 2. You can talk the Master into committing sucide in Fallout. You have to kill Horrigan in Fallout 2.

Grifman

duh, i wasnt asking you
Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:44 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

quote:
quote:
I haven't talked the Master to death yet, but I've heard it's possible. I have a feeling you have to have 200 in speech, I think 200 is maximum in FO 1. I haven't reached the boss in FO 2 yet, but I think I will try again some day.

Nope you don't have to have anything near to 200 speech to talk him into killing himself. You do need an important piece of evidence though

Grifman

Oh. Now I see why I didn't success. Maybe a little hint on what that piece of evidence could be?

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:08 am
Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
quote:
quote:
toaster are you kiddin? you can talk Harrigon to death?!

LOL

Duh, we're talking about Fallout, not Fallout 2. You can talk the Master into committing sucide in Fallout. You have to kill Horrigan in Fallout 2.

Grifman

duh, i wasnt asking you

Ok, next time I'll just let you wallow in the muck of your own ignorance . . .

Grifman
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:12 am
Grifman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
quote:
quote:

Grifman

Oh. Now I see why I didn't success. Maybe a little hint on what that piece of evidence could be?

Well, you know, there are plenty of things called FAQs out there, right?

That said, you need to talk to a certain member of the BOS who will give you certain evidence about the mutants, and you need to have said evidence in your inventory when talking to the Master. That and speech skill of probably 100 to 120 will get the job done - maybe less, can't remember exactly.

Grifman
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:15 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

OK. Well, my speech skill is around 150 at the moment, so that shouldn't be a problem. And, I've blown the Military Base already if that's a requirement.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

no u need about 70% to talk him to death and high intellgence and vree's autoposy report
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:17 pm
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;)

This is easily one of the very best RPG series ever. If you are like me and characted development, interaction and a good dose of humor and guts are important to you in a game then you will love this game. Then you will try Fallout 2 that is simply BIGGER and BETTER. I have just purchased Fallout Tactics and that looks also like a very good game. I can't think of a single thing that I do not liek in this game except meybe 2 : graphix looks a bit dated these days and fallout 2 looks a bit too much like fallout 1.

You also have to consider the price I just bought Fallout Tactics ( the latest Fallout game ) for equivalent of $ 4 US ( new in store ) so I am guessing it can't be expensive in other parts of the world either. That kinda puts it in perspective when you look at your Gothic 2's, Morrowwindds and others.

If you like this you will also like Arcanum, check out my screenshots of Arcanum PL version http://www.tube-puppy.com/galleries/categories.php?cat_id=60
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:02 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2