ATARI Spain despises spanish gothic fans again
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ATARI Spain despises spanish gothic fans again

when everybody is looking for the international G2 addonīs release, here in Spain we donīt have even the original gothic2

atari spain announced really late the spanish release and the first date was 17 march 2004. We all waited to that date and when the day arrived SURPRISE, atari did change the relase date, 15 days later, after 15 days it moved the release 15 days later again, then the release was set to 28 may 2004 (today)

and what happened today???? no surprise now

atari spain did change the release date again to 9 july 2004

and the worst thing is that now there are rumours insinuating that it will go to feb 2005 (the rumours come from a guy who spoke to an atari sales man)

donīt understand atari at all, donīt know what are they waiting for and donīt understand why jowood gave atari gothic 2 license and donīt understand why customers are ignored in such a brutal way

gothic 2 spanish sales were hurted cause the so retarded release date in march, now if it goes to 2005, no one, really NO ONE, will buy it, donīt understand atari at all

i just hope that iīll be able to play spanish gothic 2 in 9 july, otherwise donīt know how much longer am i going to wait to play it

only one thing more IīM NOT GOING TO BUY ANY OTHER ATARI ORIGINAL GAME IN MY LIFE, i really disagree with the way they treat us (their customers)

cheers

pd: any news on the italian release?
Post Fri May 28, 2004 5:40 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Wow, I really feel for you spanish Gothic fans. I remember wondering just the other day if Gothic is a popular game in Spain, as I have never seen anyone from that country here in the forums - now I know that you're getting the shaft just like everyone else. Worse in fact! Too bad, 'cause at least I understand Spanish. It would be nice if the gold edition was out there and I could have played it that way instead of worrying about translating German.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 6:38 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

-- Too bad, 'cause at least I understand Spanish. It would be nice if the gold edition was out there and I could have played it that way instead of worrying about translating German --

maybe youīre right man, maybe youīre rigth...

if the game isnīt out on july iīll play the english release, but i consider gothic an extraordinary game, and i like to play that kind of games in my mother tongue

anyway, atari is getting on my nerves

cheers
Post Fri May 28, 2004 9:27 pm
MrJockey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heyyyyy, im spanish and im waiting too for this game a long time ago!!
Arghhh, atari sucks, i cant understand this company ...
Atari only want money and comercial games. My english is bad and i want gothic 2 at spanish but i cant wait more, i want this game this summer!!!!

IīM NOT GOING TO BUY ANY OTHER ATARI ORIGINAL GAME IN MY LIFE
Post Sat May 29, 2004 2:26 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

It looks like you know how to speak English, so buy the game trough the net.
And some people have better things to do than translating the game to every language.
Post Sat May 29, 2004 7:27 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well they probably understand spanish more than english and as u know u can get full enjoyment if u understand everything in the game every sentence etc it will make ur interest for the game grow and u will wait with more exciting for another sequel /me tho understands the game in english and german better than in any other language
Post Sat May 29, 2004 9:48 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

-- And some people have better things to do than translating the game to every language. --

if iīm in spain and i buy a game i want it to be in spanish, is something obvious, at least spanish subtitles

if you were right then it shouldnīt have been translated to english either

my money has the same value as yours, and you paid for a game that is translated in to your language, i just want the same treatment. what would you say if your gothic copy were in german??? maybe angry?? maybe upset??? maybe you just wouldnīt have bought the game (of course iīm guessing that youīre english)

i can play the game with no problems but i have some friends that are gothic fans and arenīt good english speakers at all. I also prefer playing it in spanish

NOT EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD HAS TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

there are tons of other languages , and i remind you that the spanish language is one of the most spoken in the world ( i think is the third but not sure now)

a lot of spanish gothic fans donīt speak english very well

cheers
Post Sat May 29, 2004 11:17 pm
MrJockey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

-- And some people have better things to do than translating the game to every language. --

Man.... I need spanish subtitles ... only that ...
I cant understand english very well and I think that the minimun to sell a game is translating the subtitles!!!!

And the game is translated yet, i dont know the reason is atari waiting...
feb 2005 ... LOL
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:41 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
It looks like you know how to speak English, so buy the game trough the net.
And some people have better things to do than translating the game to every language.

Wow. You are a brave man Yamcha, saying something like that. But I guess you can afford to be because we're not all standing face to face.

@a24710: Actually I believe Spanish is #2 on the world's list of most spoken languages. Loved the way you handled the last post. Kept cool almost the whole way through, except for the NOT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS TO SPEAK ENGLISH! part. You're absolutely right of course.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 5:49 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yeah, Spain is the second most spoken language... After all, almost whole South America speaks Spanish. In the case of Spanish, I think they should translate it... other languages, however, would be a waste.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 11:57 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I too will never buy another Atari game. The last one was Temple of Elemental Evil. It was the absolute bare minimum, both in terms of the game and the program that they could possibly get away with.

You do have to wonder about Atari.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 12:49 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
Yeah, Spain is the second most spoken language... After all, almost whole South America speaks Spanish. In the case of Spanish, I think they should translate it... other languages, however, would be a waste.

Spanish isn't the second most spoken language. The first is Chinese, second English. Who cares about South America, Atari doesn't ship there. But if they translate to English they would have a very big market.

And we have a saying in my country: the more languages you know, more you are worth (a direct translation). For example: in Spain 70 % of the people speak only one language.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:19 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

to Jabberwocky: thanks

to VPeric: i agree that it would be a waste, but at least every important game should have french, german, italian, spanish and english subtitles, translating voices to every language would be too much expensive, english voices are enough

letīs see what happend now with atari and gothic

iīll keep you tuned
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:29 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

If the Spanish Gothic community is very large and all else fails, you can always start a translation project yourself (like the NOTR tranlastion to English). Still, that would probably be too much effort, since the original G2 is much larger then NOTR and much more stuff needs to be translated. Its always an alternative, though.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:40 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

to Yamcha:

i agree that the more languages you can speak the better for you

but you cannot force people to speak one language just to play your game

in spain not many people speak other language apart from the native one, itīs an error and we should fix it, but itīs the way spain is right now, and itīs not going to change in short term

anyway, translating subtitles is not expensive, and it would gain a lot of sales.

youīre not right man, i hate the close minded people like you, i would like to see you trying to play a game which you cannot understand !!!

apart from all of this, the game is already translated, they donīt ship it cause a hidden cause that we donīt know
Post Sun May 30, 2004 1:42 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next