??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

??

ok so i checked at EB in march and asked when G2 is coming out, and the dude is like "uh april 15." and i'm like "sweet" and i go to EB yesterday and they're like "uh august 15. they pushed it back." and i'm like "WHAT THE F**** AH SH** THOSE D*** A**HOLES HOW F***ING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TRANSLATE A G** D*** GAME FROM F***ING GERMANIAN TO F***ING ENGLISHIAN????"

but then i calmed down and decided to come here and politely inquire as to the reason behind the delay in shipment.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:30 pm
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Mainly because PB has been spending so much time with their partnership with Infogrames. With all the contract negotiations and what not, a lot of time will be consumed. But now that the partnership appears complete, it would be logical to estimate that the realease date will be soon. Some hope for May, which is entirely feesable at this point, but the way things are going, the ol' Gothic 2 curse may strike again and keep the release far from soon. All we can do is hope that Infogrames can live up to their international experience and give us the game ASAP.
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:16 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
WHAT THE F**** AH SH** THOSE D*** A**HOLES HOW F***ING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TRANSLATE A G** D*** GAME FROM F***ING GERMANIAN TO F***ING ENGLISHIAN????"
How long does it take for you to understand that the game was probably already translated a while ago, but not released due to lack of distribution deal? Also, I don't guess the title will show up tomorrow in stores just because the deal was announced recently. Infogrames might have to come up with some marketing first, and if you want G2 to do well, you better have some more patience.
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:31 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Delo
Mainly because PB has been spending so much time with their partnership with Infogrames.
JoWooD struck the deal with Infogrames, not PB.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:13 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

my mistake for actually assuming money wasn't the center of the universe...

won't happen again
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu May 01, 2003 4:10 am
Joseph
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No problem,we're all f****d up a little.(maybe more then just a little )
Post Sun May 04, 2003 6:48 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

personaly i think it will get released mid June.. just think, the employees at infrogrames will be working hard right now to condure some amzing marketing scheme to sell GII... they have to find there market first to!! and all sorts of things so this may take even longer than i predict but i dont think i will be any time sooner. augest is a little late maybe.
Post Mon May 05, 2003 5:54 pm