help me!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

help me!

I bought this game today and first i need to go to some forum ... I need some one to tell me wich class is the best, and wich jedi class is best (i want to use a lot of force powers so if first class has anything to do with jedi class tell me!) wich feats shall i use and wich abilities (computer, parsuade...)...

and one more question! my friend told me that if you don't level up on taris, and level up on dantooine (when you r jedi) you will be batter thru the game...

is that true?

I AM TO STUPID TO BE STUPID, SO IM CLAVER
Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:24 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Feels like its been awhile since I last played the game, but I guess I can answer your questions.

As for your question, yes, it is true. If you save your levels for Dantooine and level up there, you will have more jedi-class levels. And since a jedi class is generally more powerfull then a non-jedi class, you will be more powerfull.

In the beginning you will be able to choose between being a soldier, scout or scoundrel. In my opinion, scoundrels are too bad to even be consider, power-play wise. So it's between the scout and soldier classes. I'm not 100% sure about these numbers, but if you only plan to level up to level 4 on Taris, and the rest on Dantooine (16 levels, maximum is 20), scout is the better choice. You get more and better feets, more skill points and better saves at the cost of some health. If you plan to level up to say, level 6, soldiers would be the way to go since you will get more feets, and feets are important.

There are no 'best' jedi class in my opinion. They're all good in their own way. However, since you wanted to use force-powers alot, you would be advised to go with the guardian class. Why? Your force powers will be harder to resist, you will get more force points and more force powers. All that at the cost of health, skills, feats... the usual.

If you play a guardian, you will be low on feets, so be careful when you pick them. Dueling or Two-handed is good to take, depending on your fighting style. The rest you will have to experience on your own.

Skills: Depends on your playing style. Persuade is by far the best one if you're a light-sider. You can bash doors, kill enemies, mines barely damage you... Persuade and that healing skill (d'oh, forgot its name) are probably the best ones.

Hope that helps.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

DzD, you got a couple of your words mixed up. You said that Guardians force powers were harder to correct, but you should have said 'Consulars' instead of 'Guardians'. The skill you were looking for is 'Treat Injury'.

And to Dark Lord Morgoth, you will probably play through the game 3 or 4 times anyway. So, just pick so different combinations and have fun the first time. Worry about delaying levels and becoming as strong as possible the 2nd time you play through.
Post Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:35 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Just play the GAME!... I played once as i saw fit and the second time i focused on geting as less levels as i could on the firs planet and then as obtaining the side bonus....This is a question i want to ask: What are the bonuses for the dark and light side bonus after you reach it?
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:59 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Prolly too late to be of any help but,

For an initial class:

Fighters get the most feats ... and more HPs both are useful if you intend to save a few levels for later. Also, you will find the Jedi classes do not get feats at the rate fighters do ... so use your intial feats wisely.

Scoundrels get access to skill that might come in handy like computer and lock picking ... nothing one one of the other NPCs can't do, but sometimes (like unlocking a 'bots memory) only the PCs skill counts.

Scouts - I've not played one. They seem pretty bland to me.

For the Jedi classes - This is 100% personal preference. The Guardians are for those that want to de-emphasize force powers and just light sabre their way through all obstacles, while the others are increasingly force dependent.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:38 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And just to add a little something. Waiting untill Dantooine as most "experienced" players do, isn't always the best way to go. The "easiest" path is the good fighter type(with powers such as healing), and you gain more feats as a Soldier than a Guardian Jedi, which will make the game much easier for you as a fighter(all in all feats are actually harder to obtain than force powers, and for a fighter they are also more important. Without them you will find the game hard to beat as a fighter type). Force Powers are good if you focuse on using them(by being a Consular for instance), but as a fighter you'll be using your lightsabers FAR more than Force Powers.

Also, a word of advice, DO NOT invest points in any kind of weapons at the beginning, wait untill you become a Jedi - Lightsabers get their own category, so "melee" doesn't have anything to do with how good you are when using a Lightsaber.
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:37 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

The only light sider force power for consular that is really all that good is the droid one. Dark side consular really kicks butt. Scout nets you lots of bonus skill points which is nice. The only scoundrel skill that was worth having was persuade....lots of interesting and fun options pop up with it.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:18 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The combat in this game is so easy you can choose any build and win. I went for a scout and then consular and I could still breeze through all the combat. Even the endgame was easy in pure melee (no spoilers). Just choose whatever suits your roleplaying instincts and don't worry.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:13 am