Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Am I spastic?? Can't find the Sister's Outpost!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Am I spastic?? Can't find the Sister's Outpost!!

Oh Please if anyone can help I would SO appreciate it! I brought the shield to the rebel leader.. even went back to the castle to tell the king who was really happy and he told me to go to the Sister's outpost.. but like DUH.. I have NO idea where it is. I went to the lower level of the mines (by using the underground lake link in the teleporter) to the bluish temple and that snake woman told me to go talk to the mother superior.. hokey dokey... WHERE?? PLEASE oh PLEASE don't tell me I have to jump those ledges and wood walkway near where I saved Shany.. PLEASE... Cause i can't get up there I tried!!

Thanks so much
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:18 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Since I don't know where you are, Look at the map here:
To get to Level 5 from 4:
http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=arx&l1=Maps&infoID=117

On the right near the middle there are the stairs to level 5 (near location 15 and 50).

To get to level 6 from 5:
http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=arx&l1=Maps&infoID=118
Near location 34 there's the stairs to get to level 6.

On level 6 you can't miss it...
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:23 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Re: Am I spastic?? Can't find the Sister's Outpost!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ravenwench
WHERE?? PLEASE oh PLEASE don't tell me I have to jump those ledges and wood walkway near where I saved Shany.. PLEASE... Cause i can't get up there I tried!!

Don't go that way. I managed to make all the jumps only to wind up in their treasure room, setting off a trap, and then they all attacked me. Reload time. All that time wasted for nothing.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:39 pm
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahhhh

Oh thank you thank you.. I think IM in the right place... I am not too far from the Ylside Bunker... But I just keep walking around in circles looking for some stairs...

Most definetly giving up on jumping the ledges though...thanks for the advice.. I thought that was the only way up.

I do appreciate the help... This game is so entralling it's like Im in a whole new world... and I LIKE IT!

R
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:11 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

all those ledges

all those ledges were put in for those of us who want to play marines! After many tries (dont use the sword on the ledge trick here, it doesnt help) you can make the jumps. {Even more interesting is drawing a yslid's attn, running back to this room (he will follow fast), jumping on the ledge (second one up) and mowing him down with arrows or magic missiles}, anyway, when you get where all the ledges go to... hide out inside that fireplace, draw their attn one by one and arrow them each to death (avoiding their magic missile attacks, no other attacks can get you that far back in the fireplace). Easy pickins if you ask me. Lots of loot for your patience. I think there are seven altogether, but even the queen eventually succumbs to being a pincushion. Dont forget the strange gem on her dead body, it is used later. I gotta tell ya, playing a marine gone bad has its advantages here (I am playing it both ways concurrently, marine and diplomat). But yea, the ledges arent a necesssary trip to go through the game, just the longer route (praises to that joke in the hall of illusions).
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:31 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

It's also the theiving way in... You go there and steal all the loot in the chests (without being seen of course).

In fact it's meant to be the theiving way as you find a hint talking about this place (which you need to steal too, or kill...) with the merchants on level 5.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:13 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Oh. I didn't even notice. Is that why I had the part marked on my map with the Red X marking the Sister Outpost back entrance or whatever. That is how I finally noticed the ledges. I was trying to get into the outpost from the rebel camp, and couldn't find the way. I went to the regular level and noticed the ledges. I remeber having that mark on my map, but I totally forgot about some hint I found.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:23 pm
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found it :)

Nah I took the easy way in to the Snake Women..because I could not make that jump...Now the Ylesides are kicking my butt in the city!!! I must have died about 15 times already... THANK the GODS for QuickSave! LOL
Thanks EVERYONE~!
R~
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:12 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yup, that's why the mark is there.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:28 pm