Nameless hero looks like King Rhobar
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Nameless hero looks like King Rhobar

Guys, I haven't played Gothic 1 in a while so I replayed it and watched the beginning sequence and something jumps at me and excited me. If you look closey the hero looks close to the King during the sequence. Does anyone else notice this? This brings a new idea into my head: Our nameless hero might have been the prince, but was convicted as to helping Lee with the assassination with King Rhobar's wife. They locked him up and decided to try to seperate Lee from our hero by throwing Lee in first hoping he dies, then throw the hero in much later. Now the reason the hero wouldn't say anything is maybe to save suspense, he and Lee may know each other but keep it secret not to ruin anything or let the men know their true identify. Should this be true that could set up Gothic 4. If the Orc War end in Gothic 3, then Lee and our hero could rebuild and contrust a new kingdom in Gothic 4, and then the God war could take place during that game too. This is just what I think as of right now.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:47 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Or... the developers were just using the same model as the hero. But, I like the idea.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:13 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Gud idea. But I disagree. Lee would have told it.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:32 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

If this were true then Lee would have no reason to explain his history to you because you allready knew it.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:59 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Good observation

Maybe the nameless hero was throw in jail because he has plastic surgery done to impersonate the king.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:37 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Man that would be sweet if that was what happens or Pirahna-Bytes used the idea but most likely not. But man this is bugging me like crazy I need Gothic 3 out now!!!! Now that I really think about it, no game gets me excited like Gothic, not Starcraft, Morrowind, Diablo, or anything. But the most exciting is the first time you play a Gothic game.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:05 pm
Zamolxes
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Killerofevils II
Now that I really think about it, no game gets me excited like Gothic, not Starcraft, Morrowind, Diablo, or anything.

Try Thief 1,2!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:16 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I see no reason for PB to "use" the char model also for the king, they've made enough models for the game, they could have made separate one for the King as well. I do agree though, the king does look kinda like main char. Maybe there is some connection, and king Rhobar knows something, what our main char does not know.

In any case, Lee was never connected to main char in any way before G1 actions, or he would have known. No, they met for the first time in G1 new camp, and they never knew each other before.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:43 am
the_undertaker_05x
Village Leader
Village Leader

Location: Well... I live in Korinis but I'm plannig to go to the mainland with Hagen's ship.

or maybe Robhar f.%&$d a prostitute at the red lantern and the son of the prostitute is our hero
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lol, good point Whailor. Maybe instead, our hero does not know that Rhobar is his father but who knows we gotta wait till Gothic 3!!!!
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:09 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok so we could take out Lee from my idea but I still have the hench that the hero has some tie to King Rhobar. I also am crazy to wonder why the hell he went to jail? God I need either NOTR out in English, (or translated by the leatest project) or time to fly real fast for Gothic 3 to be done.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:49 pm