Usergroups
Experience for Quests
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
d95err
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

One thing that really annoys me in the demo is the relatively low number of experience points you get for solving quests. I mean - shouldn't delivering the letter to the wizards of fire be worth more than going out into the forest and killing a bunch of molerats?

I think the low points for quests really limits the freedom to play a more stealthy character since, in order to get experience, you need to go out and hack and slash your way through.

I really liked BG and BG2, where you could sometimes gain several levels by solving big quests.
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 3:39 pm
Macros_The_Black
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You will get more experience for quests eventually. But what you do in the demo is littlem and you get little. One of the quest in the full game gives you 10000 exp. And since you rarely need more than 5000-15000 to get level up thats a fair amount.
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:57 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly.

The quests in the demo are really easy to accomplish.

To get the letter to the wizards requires little effort. Ian's List might give you trouble the first few times through, but once you got it, then you'll wonder how you didn't get it the first time.

Delivering the letter to the mages isn't about experience points, though. It's just so you can get one of the rewards. Because it is still very early in the game. So leveling up isn't a problem, yet. It's getting your mana, strength or dexterity up that will be hard.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:42 pm
Crusher
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

FetishFool how do you get the Ian`s list?
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:49 pm
d95err
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In the demo, you can't get Ian's list, except by cheating (right?). The demo won't let you get as far as to the Old mine.

By cheating you can simply edit the game so you have the list, without having to get to the mine.

BTW, I haven't managed to get the cheats working in the demo (English). You're supposed to go to the character status page and enter MARVIN and then F2 right? Well, nothing happens for me. Could it be because I've re-assigned most of the controls?
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
BTW, I haven't managed to get the cheats working in the demo (English). You're supposed to go to the character status page and enter MARVIN and then F2 right? Well, nothing happens for me. Could it be because I've re-assigned most of the controls?

You have to close the character screen after marvin with s, Esc or whatever you key you assigned. In the top left corner you should be able to read "Marvin mode".
Post Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:49 pm
Crusher
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes by cheating is the only way to get it but i don`t know how ;( if someone knows please help

Gorath wrote ...
"You have to close the character screen after marvin with s, Esc or whatever you key you assigned. In the top left corner you should be able to read "Marvin mode"."
if this wont work make sure you have edited this in the *.ini ... "extendedMenu=1" and "testmode=1" are the way i wrote them the 1 is in [INTERNAL] and 2 in [GAME].
Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Crusher, the answer is in the other thread.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-10-18 22:37 ]
Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:29 pm