Maximums for training?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Zyrxil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Maximums for training?

Is 90%/90 the maximum you can be trained to in Gothic II, instead of 100 like in Gothic I? I want to know if I should wait for that final 10 before drinking permastat potions...
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:53 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Maximums for training?

quote:
Originally posted by Zyrxil
Is 90%/90 the maximum you can be trained to in Gothic II, instead of 100 like in Gothic I?

No. 100 is most likely the maximum. Check this faulty list for all the teachers in the game.

quote:
I want to know if I should wait for that final 10 before drinking permastat potions...

Well, learn up to 100 before drinking any perm potions.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:57 am
Zyrxil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, follow-up question then. Is it possible to get weapon skills higher than 100%? In-game, I recently talked to Wulfgar while he was practicing by himself, early morning, and he increased my 1h skill by 2% for free, since he had no students. So... has anyone ever tried going to him with already 100% 1h skill to see if he would raise it to 102%?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:05 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Ok, follow-up question then. Is it possible to get weapon skills higher than 100%? In-game, I recently talked to Wulfgar while he was practicing by himself, early morning, and he increased my 1h skill by 2% for free, since he had no students. So... has anyone ever tried going to him with already 100% 1h skill to see if he would raise it to 102%?

I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. Teachers can't teach past their own skill level, and I don't think an NPC would have over 100%.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:53 pm
Zyrxil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well Wulf can't go past 60%, but that free boost got me up to 92%.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:08 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

That is a good hint! abuse it well.

Use marvin mode and type 'edit abilities' the attribute then set one of them number is strength to 100. close consule with F2.

Now drink that +5 strength potion and see if your stat will go above 100. You may be surprised by what happens...
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:11 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, the numbers for the skills are the percentage of strikes that are critical hits, right? If that's the case, how can you have 102% of of strikes be critical hits? In any case, it does you much more good to get the free increase early in the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
That is a good hint! abuse it well.

Use marvin mode and type 'edit abilities' the attribute then set one of them number is strength to 100. close consule with F2.

Now drink that +5 strength potion and see if your stat will go above 100. You may be surprised by what happens...

It doesn't go to 105?
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:07 pm
Hitman4Life
Village Leader
Village Leader

I trained up to 90. Then I killed a lot of enemies and my merc profile has his strength at 106. So...
Gothic 2
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:17 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I'm not saying you can't get strength above 100, just that you can't go above 100% skill. The nomal attribute maximum of 100 is an arbitrary limit, while 100% is the absolute limit.

Also, killing stuff doesn't increase your strength; you probably ate or drank something that provided the boost.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:27 pm
Zyrxil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You mean it -should- be the absolute limit. But has anyone tried talking to Wulf while he's practicing alone, with already 100% 1h skill? Who knows, maybe they forgot about it. I'm just wondering what would happen if it actually did go up to 102%. Things dieing just by looking at em? Anyway, it'll take too long for me to try, just asking.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:28 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
You mean it -should- be the absolute limit.

That depends on what the numbers signify. If it works the way I said above, then there's no way it could be higher; it could say 102% but it would be no different from 100%.

If it works some other way, such as you get that percentage of the damage potential of the weapon, then 102% means something, ie on a 100 dmg weapon you would get 102 actual damage per hit. But that's not significant.

quote:
But has anyone tried talking to Wulf while he's practicing alone, with already 100% 1h skill? Who knows, maybe they forgot about it. I'm just wondering what would happen if it actually did go up to 102%. Things dieing just by looking at em? Anyway, it'll take too long for me to try, just asking.

Now I'm going to have to look up the marvin codes and try it, because I'm curious to see what happens.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:36 pm