Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Poll: Will Morrowind wax the floor with Gothic? Yes or No?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

On 2002-02-13 13:16, Gorath wrote:
Allways the same. Red_dog_1515 starts a worthless thread and everybody jumps in on it.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2797&forum=1&9
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:38 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I reopened the topic (who has closed it anyhow and why?), because i think there are some things that need to be corrected:

Bethesda hasn't dropped content from Morrowind because of the XBox version. This is a rumor without substance. Second, I'd suggest you start a new thread in the Morrowind forum to discuss that further.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:51 pm
N^G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi, I'm an official Morrowind fanboy, theres no content dropped from the PC version due to the X-Box. The PC version will in fact ship with a game editor whereas the editor will not be available on the X-Box.

Have a nice day.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:01 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

yea, u 2 fanboy
(where he come from?)
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:05 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Depends on how he mean dropped...
Nothing has per se been dropped from MW itself.
But from what I've read in the MW forums there was nudity in DF and there isn't in MW...if he meant drop that way he's correct.
This wasn't dropped due to Xbox,it was more likely made this way to not have M rating and hence will reach a bigger audience,so it's just business...
I also hope MW and Arx Fatalis will be good so I can play them 'til Gothic 2 arrives and then I'm expecting FO 3...(which *nothing* apart from FO 4 can ever wipe the floor with )
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:08 pm
N^G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Argonians and Khajit can be nude, the other 7 races (4 human, 3 elves and 1 orc) cant.

The devs have assured us that the game will contain "adult situations" but that hasn't been elaborated on as of yet.

As far as nudity goes I suspect that Morrowind wont be released for long before someone releases a nudity plugin.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:12 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Of course there'll be nudity plug-ins...but like with most nude skins (having seen 'em from back of the days with Quake) they're usually not very well done...(saw one that looked really good for RTCW,but that's a first)
Besides,it isn't really about just nude skins,it's about incorporating nudity into the game so it fits the atmosphere.(like mentioned in a thread on the MW forum "think carefully..." or similar)
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gothic is almost a year old. Morrowind simply has to beat it or it must be considered a failure.
Gothic was more than one step in the right direction. I hope Morrowind makes the next step and later Gothic 2 another one. Competition is good for the genre.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-02-15 14:36 ]
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:15 pm
kathode
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guess what? Gothic was Teen-rated too....

Quick someone! How many towns did Gothic have? Morrowind has 30 completely unique towns.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:06 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well...yes the world/US version (english language) of Gothic was Teen,had the original German version been released it had been M...
They put a bikini on the bathbabe in the US version...
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:49 pm

whoa, the topic got unlocked "to correct" some info about Morrowind. Then, sudden appearance of Morrowind fanboys. Did someone, high and mighty, have a "talk" with this site's admins?

Morrowind not having dropped content as much a speculation as the alternative. Just 'cause the Besethda's PR said something doesn't mean it's true or false.

Btw, I'm looking forward to Morrowind as much as anyone, but come on don't be so sensitive.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:17 pm

N^G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LOL I'm hardly in contact with the Bethesda PR (Pete Hines) I tend to get most of my info from the devs who frequent the chatroom. I can assure you that if they said nothing has been dropped then nothing has been dropped. I dont post rumor I post facts thank you very much.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:42 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Graphically, Morrowind will be superior.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:58 am

As someone who bought a new PC in the summer of 1996 just to be able to play Daggerfall (After a preview in a magazine I fell in love with the game) I feel proud saying that for the past 6 years, I've played Daggerfall constantly, it's my greatest game, and therefore, I believe it's Sequel, Morrowind, will be even better.

Now, fanboyism aside, I'm concerned about the fact that most of the kids working on Morrowind are nothing more then that....little kids. Immature, unintelligent boobs who put smiley faces after every sentence. Very pathetic. Daggerfall was programmed by men in their 30's and 40's. Men who lived through the golden age of PC RPG'ing (late 80's) and had devoted their life to pen and paper D&D. The kids working on Morrowind are "Diablo-trash".

However, there is no way Bethesda would tick off hardcore Arena/Daggerfall fans like myself, they can't risk doing to us what they did with Redguard and Battlespire. No way.

Will Morrowind be better then Gothic though? Probably. Although no matter how good MW might turn out to be, Gothic is still 100% pure gold in my book, and as a game that is the closest a piece of software has got towards giving me a religous experience.

Until then, I'm spending my time going through a second time in Gothic, this time as a Water mage.

God bless non-linearity.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:28 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-15 22:28, Anonymous wrote:
Now, fanboyism aside, I'm concerned about the fact that most of the kids working on Morrowind are nothing more then that....little kids. Immature, unintelligent boobs who put smiley faces after every sentence. Very pathetic. Daggerfall was programmed by men in their 30's and 40's. Men who lived through the golden age of PC RPG'ing (late 80's) and had devoted their life to pen and paper D&D. The kids working on Morrowind are "Diablo-trash".

Though I myself am 13, I would have to agree. Most children at my age can hardly sit still for more than 5 minutes. I assume you are referring to slightly older 'kids' who program games, and have their various computer sciences degrees, I understand your point. It's a shame really that all of us at this age have a stereotype hanging upon us, but it most cases it is well deserved.

Concerning the smilies, I like to use them to convey emotion in two to six characters, or less. A picture is worth a thousand words.

'Diablo-trash' I believe you are referring to the same 'kill the boss over and over' type of game. Though quite repetitive, some people find them quite entertaining; finding that new item or trading with someone for something. These games are just appealing to a wide range of fans in order to make money. If you focus too much in one area, you loose a certain fan base who do not appreciate that extra focus. Morrowind will hopefully not be like Diablo, or its sucessor, Diablo 2, in gameplay.

I have seen some of Dad's maps that he made for games including but not limited to:
Wizardry I, and Ultima III. They were dozens of pages long and, by the looks of the details, were quite complex, even in comparison to today's games. However, the audience is changing. People no longer want to spend upwards of 500 hours to complete a 2-dimensional black and white game, which admittedly can have great gameplay, but horrible graphics. The focus now, as I have seen it, is on graphics. I think the world has seen the last of the 500 hour games a long time ago. Simply, the attention span of the average gamer is barely 1/10 of that.

Admittedly, I could not play Daggerfall for more than 2 hours, due to bugs (likley from XP; the keyboard not working) and shear bordem. I recently downloaded it from an old computer game site, so perhaps I am proving your point that we are all little monkeys that only react to attractive colors and the like. However, I simply do not like the ability to count the pixels on both axes (plural of axis) of my monitor.

No longer are programmers taught in the ways of punch cards.
I really think you must 'grow-up' in the sense that you have to accept the new trend of the computer gaming world.

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-02-15 23:45 ]
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next