View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Tharagon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Duel won´t start (House Redoran quest)

Hi all!

I´m stuck in a quest for House Redoran, given to me by a Redoran leader in Vivec / Redoran canton. I had to convince a fellow house member to participate in a duel. He asked me to get some standard restore health potions for him and afterwards he agreed to duel. He then asked me to meet him in the arena. Now he and the duelist are inside the arena, not doing a thing. I can´t talk to them (no options except "goodbye"), and my house leader told me to watch the fight and report to him who won.

I´ve waited for several hours / days inside and outside of the arena, nothing happens. If I kill the other duelist, my journal gets updated and my fellow house member is glad he won.

Will they ever start the fight themselves? Or do I have to talk to someone else (maybe an arenamaster?) to start the fight?

Tharagon
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:46 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

You should be able to watch the duel, according to the guide.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:43 pm

Found out the problem here I think

Okay, I had a similar problem with dueling the Arch Mage of the Mage's Guild. He would offer to duel me, but would never appear. Then I went and checked the requirements for being archmage, and they were still 2 points away from being high enough. I raised them, then went and offered to duel again, and he showed up. You may be having the same problem. Seems they won't come and duel you until you are high enough to take the next position. Couldn't say this for sure, but give it a look and see if that's the case.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:55 pm

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

The way it worked for me was that I had to get him to like me more. I think he was about in the sixties before he even considered going to the duel. He'll need you to do something, but it is not that tough.

To get the fight on the way you have to go to the Vivec Arena pit area. Two combatants should be inside and the fight should start right away. Remember do not interfere this is for the honor of House Redoran.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:07 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

requirements

I dueled trebonious with 80 points in my primary skill and at least one quest to complete.

elonin
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:37 am