Members
Usergroups
Sneak question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Simeon Tregarth

Sneak question

I'm having difficulty with the sneak skill. Do you have to hold down the left control key the whole time you are trying to sneak or is it supposed to act like a toggle switch?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:12 pm

Radix

No, you have to hold the sneak skill the whole time (prepare to get cramped fingers...) and it is not a toggle, although that would have been nice.

Also, a good way to increase your sneak skill is to get close enough to an NPC where you are sneaking and when you are not. In other words, the sneak icon has to blink off and on. Just sneaking around in the wilderness when no one is around won't level it.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:17 pm

Simeon Tregarth

As you get better at sneaking won't the icon stay lit when you get close? Does that mean that you will no longer get skill increases? Sorry to be so dense, I'm just having trouble figuring this out.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:22 pm

Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, as you get better, the sneak icon will stay on the closer you are. For example, I tried to sneak around a mage and steal some stuff from his desk. At my low level, I was unsuccessful trying to grab items. As I leveled sneak some more, I came back and had an easier time.

Also, another time, I broke into a tower and was sneaking around when suddenly a guard walked around the corner and walked right past me (close enough to where I could see his name) and he never saw me! My sneak skill was level 42 at the time, which was surprising as I thought for sure he was gonna catch me. Either I was a good sneak or he need glasses.

A lower level sneak skill like in the twenties or thirties may have been caught, but I don't know.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:37 pm
weregamer

Use the Claw, Luke

My answer to sneaking was to program a button on my Claw to toggle the left shift key, so my fingers don't cramp at all.

I'm really pleased with the Claw, now that there is a US distributor so it's only $30. It's designed for FPS players, but works well in any game where you want to have one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard at all times. If I get back to Diablo II someday I'll be very glad to have it.

BTW, the US distributor is CompuExpert, aka gogamer.com.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:37 pm