Usergroups
Looking to purchase Gothic
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Well, if my friend didn't annoy me every 10 mins to tell me how great is it, I wouldn't have had it, too!

Though, I think if Gothic 1 is released again it will hit some major sales!
Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:59 am
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had no idea it was so expensive and so rare, I'm glad I'm also one of the lucky ones who got it from the very beginning.
Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:48 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

When looking at pyrhana byres site I felt upon this link: Gothic 1 English (text+speach).

It is writen : "available beginning of Jan 2006 ", well anybody know if this is true and it is really available?

For mention is is also mentionned : "This product is created under license of Piranha Bytes, comes as 1 DVD in DVD case without printed manual." and the price is 10 Euro.

English isn't my cup of tea but well it's less worse than deutch. So I would go on it even if an electronic downloadable version would have been even more cool.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:41 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by ericmdn
When I browsed through Amazon the other day I noticed it was out of stock the used copies were sold for 179.95 US dollar. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

The fact that this doesn't happen with any other game from 2001 must say something about gothic.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:02 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I donno what is this about... What is this? What's this gothic dvd for 10 euro?????
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:32 pm
lerdos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Looking to purchase Gothic

Hi:

I too am in North America, and am looking for a copy of Gothic 1, but it is very difficult to find (English version). Have you had any luck finding a copy? Did you order from the German site that was mentioned in these threads. Thanks for any info.....

quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesfan27
Hello,

A friend of mine from another message board who got me hooked on Gothic 2 suggested I come to this site. I'm playing Gothic 2 right now, and I plan on buying Gothic 2 Gold for the expansion in the near future. However, I'm enjoying this game so much that I really want to play the original Gothic as well. I'm in North America (New Orleans) and don't speak German so I'm looking for an English copy. I'm not interested in any pirated copies. It appears that even the publisher's website doesn't have the English version for sale. Therefore, I'm hoping that someone on here might have a copy they would be willing to sell. Alternatively, perhaps someone can give me a tip on where to buy a legitimate copy.

Thanks.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Gothic site now updated says Gothic English will be available Feb 7. In the developer interview, Kai says it will be selectable Eng/Ger at installation.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:48 pm
lerdos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info! BUT I have spoken with a friend in Germany who is picking up a copy for me...can't wait to give it a go! I love Gothic 2, so I'm sure I will be very happy with Gothic 1!

quote:
Originally posted by fragonard
Gothic site now updated says Gothic English will be available Feb 7. In the developer interview, Kai says it will be selectable Eng/Ger at installation.

Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I hope you are aware that the German retail Gothic, which is sold just about everywhere for 5 EUR is 100% in German.
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:40 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Gothic is always for sale on Amazon Marketplace. I got mine there for $40 or so. Don't use ebay - I got in a bidding war over it and some joker ended up paying $90 for it or something insane.

Its for sale right now for $39 on Amazon marketplace - new in Jewel case!
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:45 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

There is a new copy listed at Amazon for $39.99. I don't know how reliable the seller is but they appear to have a high rating.
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:52 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
There is a new copy listed at Amazon for $39.99. I don't know how reliable the seller is but they appear to have a high rating.

I just read through the customer reviews of the game there and some ppl really don't know what their talking about. One guy even said that the best thing bout the game is that you can transform into creatures. G1 had so much content and a brilliant storyline and all he cares about is running around as a scavenger? sheeesh
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

The fact that you could posses or change into any living creature in the game impressed me a great deal from a programming perspective. Show's that the developers have a very good understanding of how to built a good object oriented program.

From a gameplay perspective it definately wasn't the greatest part of the game. In fact it could be considered an exploit. (Changing into a shadowbeast made you insanely powerful).
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
...From a gameplay perspective it definately wasn't the greatest part of the game. In fact it could be considered an exploit. (Changing into a shadowbeast made you insanely powerful).

Yea, in G2 I often turned into a wolf and ran past the dragon's guards without any problems if they were too strong or when i was too lazy.
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:35 pm
Pystal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
I guess you mean this site: http://www.rollenspiel-shop.de/infoart.php?artno=DTP0001EN

Thanks for the link...

I really would like to purchase this, but I have no clue how to read German. I don't feel very safe giving my Credit cCard number out to a strange site that I can't even read.

I want this game so bad, that I may actually do just that.

I guess that I will just try searching for a good copy on Amazon etc.

If you know anyone or anyplace I can get this game from, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pystal
Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next