RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Whats your favorite game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Adventure Games

Author Thread
Amelia
City Guard
City Guard

Quest For Glory 1 or The Legend of Kyrandia. Besides both being great games in general, QFG was the first game I ever beat some time ago so it holds a special symbolic placement for myself. Kyrandia brought me back into adventure gaming as a genre although it was later than when it was first released. Runners up predominantly being most of the other Quest series as in King's Quest and Space Quest. I never really enjoyed Police Quest as much as the others.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:21 am
Schattenherz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Maniac Mansion - while it was funny as Hell it was also thrilling. At least back in the Days ... I guess I'm getting old ...

And it hat Tentacle-Monsters !
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:51 pm
ChronoSerge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Space Quest 4
Quest for Glory 1
Kings Quest 5
The Curse of Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:54 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

One of my favourite genre other then RPG. I've played a lot of Adventure games and I love them all , but here are a few of my favourites from the past :

Phantasmagoria 1 & 2
Sanitarium
The Longest Journey
Dark Seed 2
Dark Eye
Pandora's Directive
I have no mouth and I must scream
Bad Mojo
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:29 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Well, I played some games on a game event here in the netherlands (games which aren't released yet). such as PoP: Warrior within, which a great game, and had much better moves than PoP: The sands of time. the prince is also a bit tougher, and likes to cut off heads, and split bodies

But I think my all time favorite is Call of Duty. it's a First Person war simulator. it is very realistic, but most of all: very fun. I am in a clan too, which makes the game even better.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:01 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

1Gothic1
2Gothic2
3Gothic2 add-on
4Fahreniet(still not out but I'like it so far)
5Gabriel knight 3(very old 1999)
6Nomand soul(very old 1999)
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:13 pm
|comy|
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by genghiskhan66
One of my favourite genre other then RPG. I've played a lot of Adventure games and I love them all , but here are a few of my favourites from the past :

Phantasmagoria 1 & 2
Sanitarium
The Longest Journey
Dark Seed 2
Dark Eye
Pandora's Directive
I have no mouth and I must scream
Bad Mojo

oh I love Sanitarum. It's one of a kind ! Anyone that haven't tried it yet, get it right away, for you are missing a masterpiece.

I also played Zork: the grand inquisitor and I loved it also. Great humour, puzzles etc. Magic 4 ever.

Of course I can't pass the glorious Monkey series. Perfect

Let's see, what else... somehow can't think right now... cu l8er
just a silence gone bad
something I will never hide
this urging need to

invite the darkside in
into my haven
Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:20 pm
Nothingman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This is my favourite genre, next to it is RPG...
Well, this is very tough question. I like adventures with a lot of humor, like
Monkey Island serial, Day of the Tentacle,... but there is one game that made big impression on me: Longest Journey. It's story is so fascinating that when I finished the game, I just stood in front of monitor and look blindly in it for a quite time. I think this game is proof that game development can be pure art, and not just an industry.
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:04 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

In no particular order.
Space Quest 1+2
Day Of The Tentacle
Monkey Island series
Grim Fandango
Syberia

I never played Sam & Max but if I had, I have a feeling that it would have been included in my list.
I have The Longest Journey in my shelf waiting for me to install it. i hope I get around to do it sometime soon.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:15 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

As I have written already, my favourite adventure is The Longest Journey, on place two is The Moment of Silence, but I like to mention another adventure (point and click), that has impressed me very, very much. I have played it in September, but I am still thinking sometimes about it.
It is "Dark Fall (1)", an adventure with many interesting puzzles, a mysterious atmosphere and a good sound, the graphics are looking somehow like photos from 1920, rough and beautiful.
I read, that this game has been made more or less by one man alone (an Englishman), the story, the design, the programming and more. Admirable.
Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:08 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

For me the first adventure game I got addicted to was Zork. Then all the following text Zorks in the series. I also liked Deadline which was also made by Infocom. Actually alot of the Infocom text adventures were good. Much later they put the whole series on disk in two different treasuries. I'm trying to get my sis to gimme em back. QFG series was good but I didn't like QFG 5... the interface was all weird. Space Quest Series was great, as was Goblins Quest. Monkey Island Series was good. I like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis too. I liked Full Throttle. I liked Zork Nemesis. I still have it actually and it works. I also liked In Cold Blood. Not sure if it qualifies as an adventure game but it was fun. Kings Quest 6 was really good. One game that looked good but I missed out on was Beneath a Steel Sky. It was an adventure game that had a bladerunner feel to it. Ultima Ascension WOULD have been fun if the game wasn't laden with a horrible unpatchable save game error. Anyhoo thats it for now.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:58 pm
Hittokiri_Bob
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My favorite is morrowind its a good adventure game and the best part is that it that you can get katanas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:38 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Uh huh.

Back on topic: Everyone should have the Lucasarts adventure games on their lists and The Longest Journey. Dark Seed was trash, and the sequel even worse. Some of the art at the time was OK though. Nomad soul is a terrible attempt at genre blending and is not worth a dollar.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:47 am
Dawnblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Favorite adventure of all time?Thats a hard one but i would have to say either The Longest journey or Grimfandango.They both have a great story and a little different from everything else out there.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:37 am
Psygnosis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fave adventures are Broken Sword, and Broken Sword 2 (Not quite as strong as the first, but the graphics and jokes were as good as ever), Arx Fatalis and currently playing The Longest Journey, and I have to say, wow.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:16 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next