Author Thread
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm level 5

Gave Mordrag's ring to Lares
Gave him the 400 ore
Told Mordrag Lares' message

Now, nothing else is popping up and when I ask if I'm good enough a "condition: level 5 required" message appears and Lares tells me to finish my duties, of which I don't have.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:55 pm
Saint_Proverbius
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's a glitch alright. I'd say it means you still have more to do. I got that message in the Brotherhood sect when I hadn't talked to all the Baals as well.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:15 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

No offense, but you didn't help...

I'm looking for an answer to how to join the camp, to see if it is truely a glitch, or I'm just blind and missing something obvious.

I've already done games with joining the Sect and Old Camp, but I can't seem to join these guys now.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:29 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You have to deliver Ian's list to Lares. Test of Faith, remember?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:30 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I was Level 14 when I joined the Old Camp.

I couldnt join the New Camp, probably becouse I already returned the list to Diego.

I did what I felt was right, and a friend of me have ranted alot about that specific thing. Diego is the first person you trust, and you probably go to the mine BEFORE you follow Mordrag as a newbie...

Wich makes it rather difficult to join the New Camp the first time you play the game, becouse you "didnt knew".

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:34 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
You have to deliver Ian's list to Lares. Test of Faith, remember?

That's really lame. I don't want to join the old camp, so I never asked to. Now you're telling me I have to ask to join the camp in order for Diego to sponser me, even though I do not want to join the camp at all...

I'm not pleased about this, I've been able to roleplay my character through the Sect and New Camp because I was able to ask to join them specifically without asking the other camps.

I guess I'll just join the Old Camp then, if I have to ask Diego/Thorus. I'll try to join the Mercs afterwards or something, cause this isn't cool...

[ This Message was edited by: Llama on 2001-12-10 12:38 ]
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 6:36 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Why are you complaining? I knew it all along even though I didn't read any walkthrough beforehand. It is kinda obivious.

Diego says "You have to complete the Test of Faith to join the Old Camp." He also gives you hints about how the list shouldn't fall into the New Camp's hand. So, I think "Oh, let me check out the other camps before I complete this test." Then, at the New Camp, all the guys advice me to do something against Gomez probably stealing something from the Old Camp or the Old Mine and giving it to Lares. I say "Aha, that list from Ian will be very useful!" So, I go to the Old Mine, get the list from Ian and give it to Lares. And, Lares says I am ready to join his Rogues.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 6:46 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Why are you complaining? I knew it all along even though I didn't read any walkthrough beforehand. It is kinda obivious.

Diego says "You have to complete the Test of Faith to join the Old Camp." He also gives you hints about how the list shouldn't fall into the New Camp's hand.

Can't you read? I said, I HAVE NOT TALKED TO ANYONE ABOUT JOINING THE OLD CAMP.

I do not want to join the old camp, so I have not talked with Diego about the test of faith, I haven't talked to Throus about getting a sponsor. I told him I wanted to work for Gomez right off the bat, then he told me I had to get a sponsor. Then I asked him if he had anything for me to do (thinking it would get me in the castle MY CHARACTERS THOUGHTS), that's when he told me about Mordrag. Mordrag took me to the new camp, gave me the ring told me about joining.

Let me repeat for you, since you have trouble understanding what I'm saying.

I do not want to join the old camp.
I do not want to ask to join the old camp, because my character does not want to join the old camp.
I do not ask people if I can join them unless my character wants to join the group.
I have not asked anyone from any camp how I can join in this game other than those from the new camp.
I have not done anything to help me join another camp that required me to ask if I could join them.
I helped Gorim at the Sect camp because he asked me to help him, I helped the two Baal's in the new camp because I was able to ask them if they wanted help, I then took spell scroll rewards.

I have not, and will not ask Diego/Thorus if I can join them just to be able to join another camp, it's not roleplaying, and if you roleplay your character then you cannot be omnipotent. My character, after talking to the two hunters outside realized that he wanted to join the new camp this time around.

Why is that so hard to understand? Why do you think I'm complaining about something you obviously don't get?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 6:57 pm

how big is that stick in your ass llama?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 7:04 pm

Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

To join the NC you have to talk to people in the OC.Torlof in the NC will tell you what you have to do to join them.You have to earn their trust in the OC before you can rip them off.Then steal something important.The list Ian gives you.This is the list Diego sends you to bring back.You have to role play the game.You are thrown into an isolated colony.Walk from camp to camp and talk to people.Find out whats what.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 7:23 pm

It is a whopper brown sugar coated stick.Want a lick.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 7:25 pm

Saint_Proverbius
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You don't have to join the Old Camp since you did the test of faith for the Old Camp. You can always join the Brotherhood of the Sleeper.

AWAKEN!
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:15 pm

the sleeper has some good ditch weed too.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:20 pm

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
You don't have to join the Old Camp since you did the test of faith for the Old Camp.

Why is it so hard to understand, why can't some people read what is written.

I know I can do that, but my character is only interested in joining the NEW CAMP. Therefore he (me) is not going to just ask anyone in the old camp if I can join them just so I can complete a quest my character DOES NOT KNOW EXSISTS.

You want me to play omnipotent, and I'm not going to do that. If Lares were to just tell me "Look, I need you to get the supply list from the Old Camp for me, then we're straight and you can join us" then I would try it out. As it stands right now, my character does not know anything about a supply list because he has no interest in joining the old camp. It's obvious to join the new camp you have to be omnipotent or totally un-roleplayish.

To the big bad anonymous...

The stick is only 2" long, you know, the size of your dick.

quote:
Torlof in the NC will tell you what you have to do to join them.

Then that is the problem, he's not giving me any information.

Thanks, I'll start over and see if it works out differently.

[ This Message was edited by: Llama on 2001-12-10 15:34 ]
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:32 pm
The FUU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just quit playing the game. it s no fun for u, u see. anyways, why would your caracter not know anything u know?

Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:46 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next