What do you do for fun in morrowind?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What do you do for fun in morrowind?

I like to make piles of stuff, read books (some are really good) cover stuff (mainly lakes and swamps).
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:50 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

For Fun?

Apart from playing the game?

I've been known to grab a Chitin Bow and Chitin Arrows (low damage) and go hunting Netch in the swamps around Seyda Neen. An excellent diversion, and a good way of gathering ingredients (pick plants as you go)and of getting improves in Marksman, Sneak and Athletics (and, if you're unlucky, the Armour skill of your choice!)

Definitely read books - some of them are fascinating. You wouldn't believe the amount of searching I had to do to get all three Feyfolken books! I found the first in a cave somewhere, and just *had* to find the rest of the series.

Collecting Soul Gems. This is something my new character is getting into. He's got no interest in enchanting items at this time, but has a lot of fun raiding tombs and hunting diseased creatures to capture their souls. My collection is small at the moment, but it's growing. Shock, Horror! I'm using magic at last!
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:25 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Reading & collecting books, armors, weapons and display them.

Quite often check up new mods, download them, see what its to the game, if it's good, collect them to make original game world richer & real.

Restarting game with new character, tinkering with character's stats.

Uninstall & Reinstall my game after screwed it up with all kind of plug-ins
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:32 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Hi. My name is dteowner and I am an alchemy addict...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:57 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Nothing special here. Just slaughtering the whole town. It isn't creative but it's fun
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:02 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

There is some loony mods out there that will certainly add funs into the game, like Christmas trees mod - nothing more fun than waving & hurting everyone with the tree around Balmora, trowing bottles and potions in combats (Marksman mod), musical band in taverns, in-game MP3 player (using lute?), etc - now i don't have the links, but do visit or ask for them at Bethesda official mod community forums...
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:29 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Run and jump all day to improve acrobatic and athletic skills......

Sure is more fun that hunting puny monsters
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:03 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i used to jump while doing my quests... till my skill was 100 now im doing some sidequests.. killing everyone i can without getting a bounty on my head.. and im gonna do the same like the guy with his chitin bow & arrows ... may be fun (p.s. girlfriendmod is funny.. but shes too slow, i lost her on the road and never found her back *cry*)

edit:

install the arena contract pit mod, challenge the weakest player there.. let him increase your armor + block skill ^^
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:30 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I collect everything that it is possible to collect. I also love to explore and to go on quests. And i like to improve skills the good old fashioned way (slowly though). And i like to climb up on top of mountains and look around taking screenshots. And i like to hunt, and all sorts of stuff. There is so much you can do in Morrowind. I love this game!
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:21 am
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Not much...

I dont' do much anymore/ I download plug-ins that make the game much more realistic and fun. I actually want tribunal to sort my missions so I have some direction in Morrowind life. I've got so much to do, I feel overwhelmed, so I just stay in Vivec and use Morrowind as a benchmark to constantly help me imrpove my PC. (I love Direct X 9.....oh and Morrowind Optimizer)
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:30 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Korzen
Nothing special here. Just slaughtering the whole town.

i always get second thoughts and reload it Too bad you cant do that in real life, it's getting kind of lonely over here...

Acrobatics was my first skill to 100 too, by far. Running is so slow Exploring quite a bit too, the morag tong quests were quickly and easily done with, as i'd killed half of them already

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:24 pm
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i remember someone saying that they liked to collect every ash statue in the game and display them in their house. So i decided to do a similar thing, but with skulls (both normal and servant) i dunno how many i've got because i currently don't have a place to put them, so they're all in a big pile just off a bit from balmora (where i plan to put my custom house)

I also like to run through the mountains and see how many cliff racers i can get on my tail and then take a screenshot. this also applies with the 'medium sized' creatures (kagouti, alit, guar, nixhound etc)

Also like to free slaves when i have the chance.

trapping unique enemy souls (the ones with name, such as staada)

and yes, i also have a Kill Everyone Project going where i have an imperial 'cheat' character wearing full templar armour, 100 to all skills except marksman, which is 500 (it's a lot more interesting to snipe dudes) and 200 to all attributes, except strength (1000) and speed (100, this is because i was so fast that, especially in the imperial spiral staircases, i would literally run through a wall and off the interior map)
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:30 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Coolect every ash statue in the game? Vhoa, that guy sure must have his house full of zombies at night.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:33 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Zombies?

Maybe I should move my collection out of Caius' house then - he's been looking a little jumpy recently...
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:29 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Incidentally...

Incidentally, yesterday I raided a certain cavern, and made off with 12 Ash Statues. After heading to Mournhold to sell them, I left them on the floor while busy with something else. When I removed them from my inventory, I noticed something weird.

The twelve were divided up into two sections, one without a number (as in only one item), and one pile of 11. Fair enough I thought, if one of them has a trigger or something it'll be a different object (while looking exactly the same) and be in a different pile. But in the cavern I found them in three different crates, all in groups of four. Odd. Next I noticed that when mousing over them, the pile of eleven didn't mention any numbers ("Ash Statue"), and the "pile" of one seemed to contain twelve ("Ash Statue (12)"). Very odd.

I dropped them on the floor, and picked them up later. Somehow in my inventory I now had three piles, with mouse-over names like "Ash Statue (11) (12)", and more statues than I'd started with. I dropped them and picked them up again just to see what would happen. They duplicated again.

I then sold all 40-odd statues to the trader for a nice sum.

Anyone else noticed this interesting bug?
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:47 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next