Is this the right way?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Is this the right way?

It's probably a rather stupid question I'm about to ask, but it's being a burden the whole day now. I am currently a level 6 Hawkeye (custom class). At this point I haven't even started doing the main quest yet. (except bringing the Amulet to Jauffre. I haven't visisted the son yet). I am already the Grand Champion, I am a Journeyman in the Fighters guild and a Knight-Errant in the Knights of the White Stallion. Am I doing it wrong? Since I'm wondering if the main quest is going to be too easy once I start it.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:16 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Erm... some of the main quest missions seem to be relatively easy as long as you're low level, but quite difficult if you're a high level character.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:02 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

the follower of next mission: 'Clear Kvatch' is hard on high levels.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:07 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Clearing Kvatch was tough (I was at level 12-13), until I lowered the difficulty level a bit, maybe two or three notches to the left. It makes a significant difference.
Small spoiler:
That part of the game seems to stand apart, you're assaulted by a large group of adversaries and none of your allies survive. After I completed the quest I put back the difficulty slider in the normal position.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:22 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Head for Kvatch ASAP. It may be too difficult for some character types on high levels. It is (only) this part of the main quest that can get really unballance for high level characters.
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:00 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Spoiler:
As advised, I went to Kvatch, went trough the whole Oblivion Portal -- It was way too easy; I was expecting a lot more deadra in the last room. First there was that stone for replenshing health, then for magicka, and in the end I did the room in 1 sec. Two bow shots while sneaking and done. The city was harder, though, but less hard then I expected. Only when I got into the castle, it was getting rather annoying. Those yellow/orange fire "things" (can't recall the names) were a pain. I had to switch to my blade since using a bow against them was taking too long -- and a waste of my arrows.

So, I am now a Blade, and I should be off to the Imperial City to continue the main quest... guess not; it's time for free roaming and questing again . The Oblivion parts are awesome, but I just love the fact that you are completely free.

P.s. ; It does me good that people call me "Sir" now, ha!

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I disagree about Kvatch being "hard" at higher levels. I did it at level 30ish with a stealth/melee character and it was easy, the only hard bit was keeping the NPC's alive. I kept them alive up till after we cleared the chapel but they all died in the final assualt on the castle, all except for the captain.

It doesn't really matter if they die anyway. If an NPC dies it means they are not important to the story anyway, so unless your hero is a doo-goody superman I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it LOL.
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:43 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Heh, while I played it all the NPC's died, and the captain got K.O.'ed once. That's when I decided to put away my bow and start chopping around with my blade. It didn't bother me, since the dead guards got a pretty good light armor, which I am wearing atm
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:36 am