Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dark Sun 1 - Shattered Lands (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Count_Spatula

Dark Sun 1

I thought this game was awesome. Interesting quests with a solid supreme hero storyline. Refreshing to see a game based in a DnD setting besides forgotten realms. I also like games like this that have dialogue trees, so you can try to talk your way out of/through things. Definately worth checking into if you're an rpg fan.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:15 pm

poot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Both of the Darksun titles were very good. Only problems is now, you MUST have a box that can run DOS or an emulator to even play the game. Last time I tried this game on my box, I used MOSLO and set my processor to 1% and it still ran too fast. (I have a 3.6 Ghz processor )
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:16 pm
Nagelfar

In the command prompt window on my Windows XP system, it runs too slow, it's a 1.6 ghz. It pauses in the middle of attacks for prolonged periods, I have no idea why; this is the only part that runs too slow but it effects the entire game, every time the player or enemies attack it does this.

Though I should add that this system has a generic factory soundcard (it's a Gateway brand pre-assembled/bundled comp.) and saying I have a soundblaster pro 1 & roland separately in the sound setup works for the game without emulation.

One of my favorite games of all time though, Shattered Lands, better than WotR. To think it came out the first day of '93 (release date 01/01/1993) and was supposed to come out in '92... I mean, the SNES home console had games like Chrono Trigger come out in '95 which are forever heralded as classics, but DS:SL is overlooked because it was released on PC at a time when PC games were nowhere near as popular. It's a shame.
Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:46 am

Deungeons master level 5

I need help

K yeah , My buddy jsut passed me this game "dark sun:Shatterd lands" and its real fun and all but im at a point wehere this dragon is asking me a word from some page from some book but i dont even know what damn book hes tlakign about ....so if anyone could shed some light on this subject i would very much apreciate it....thank you.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Sofus

that's the copy protection, which you will need the manual for... But just search on the net for it, shouldn't be hard to find a list with the codes.

a tip for you thats having trouble with the game, there's a superb little program called dosbox that works very very well for all my old dos-games (been playing lands of lore for a couple of days, excellent game!). Just up the CPU cycles it uses until the game runs smooth (ctrl f12). You get full soundblaster sound as well, perfectly emulated.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:13 pm