dexter's letter
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
ghg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

dexter's letter

for reason's I don't understand, reading the letter did not allow me to finish the missing people quest. Also, I now cannot find it..I've received the insert code for the letter but my English v.2.7 does not, apparently, allow me to open a console..Any help since I've played the game three times now [not NOTR] and really don't want to wade through it again. How do I bring up the console since C marvin C etc. does not work..thanks
Post Mon May 29, 2006 7:48 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

In G1 keyboard layout, type bmarvinb, then "marvin mode" or "testmode" will appear in top left screen, if not try typing at a faster or slower speed till it enables. then F2 to bring down the console, reverse of this will get back to normal appearance, but B42B will disable almost all invisible "trailing" commands, then save, do not save a permanent critical save in activated marvin mode!

good luck.

p.s i almost forgot, welcome to the forums.
Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:25 pm
ghg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

something is amiss

since when I follow your directions I simply bring up the map. Is there a setting that enables the command bmarvinb?? thanks, this is driving me batty..oh, I incorrectly stated I hadn't played the NOTR..I am well along, just beginning the Dragon Hunt chapter..but why play if I can't access the new world??
Post Tue May 30, 2006 1:42 am
ghg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

wulf, you sweet bastard

after I realized that the Gothic I keyboard was disguised as 'alternative controls' and not the gothic I under game play, and then fooling with the typing speed [VERY IMPORTANT] I was able to drop Dexter's letter at my feet..Actually, I now realize I never received it after knocking off Dexter..the pirate took it and never gave it back..a one of a kind glitch but man talk about a bummer turned SWEET! A great, very tough, but great add on I didn't want to have to suffer from the beginning again!
Post Tue May 30, 2006 2:07 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there ghg,

glad to hear you fixed the problem, yes the type-speed is a tad too quick for the commands input sometimes but it can be altered (slowed) to suit in the gothic.ini file, marvin is a great in-game fix tool and can solve many problems.
Post Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 am