ES4: Oblivion - Impossible Wishlist @ IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

ES4: Oblivion - Impossible Wishlist @ IGN

I had a variety of adjectives in mind for this but in the end, I guess it was written on IGN's dollar and they can do whatever they like with their time. Head over to IGN for an article called <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/710/710190p1.html" target="_blank">Oblivion Impossible Wishlist</a>, where they fantasise about several imagined online/multiplayer plugins they wish existed:<blockquote><em>The Online Arena <br> <br>This wouldn't be so different since the single player version is already included in the game. The online arena would be the ideal venue for players to put their character development choices to the test. Once downloaded, this mod could be accessed as players enter the arena in the single player game. At the entrance door, the option would be given to enter either the offline or online version of the arena. Choosing online brings you to a list of current online arena lobbies waiting for players to join. You could choose to join one or create your own. To add some variety, the servers wouldn't be limited to one on one battles. Instead, up to eight could hop into a server for a three round tournament.</em></blockquote>Umm...yeah.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 3:01 pm

Bwahaha! IGN hired one of the Bethesda forum idiots to write an article. Next up, an article calling for a Dragon Ball total conversion.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 3:05 pm

txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I had some very possible wishes while playing Oblivion that would have made it as good as so many of the drooling fanboy reviews at the major sites seem to think it is ...

Check out my blog.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 3:29 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I dont understand the derogatory comments directed at I guess the article, or the ideas it presents. It's someone's idea for what theyd perhaps like to see, or what they think might be interesting as a multiplayer aspect of the game.

Where's the problem?
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri May 26, 2006 7:50 pm
Father Omally

Whats next topless online gladiatorial combat?

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
I dont understand the derogatory comments directed at I guess the article, or the ideas it presents. It's someone's idea for what theyd perhaps like to see, or what they think might be interesting as a multiplayer aspect of the game.

Where's the problem?

Sounds more like a sales pitch to me! Saints preservs us! The heathen dogs have no respect for the IGN name i be guessing.
Post Fri May 26, 2006 8:08 pm

The Gay Norker

How 'bout some flocks of fking birds in those trees!
Post Sat May 27, 2006 12:57 am

Father Omally

The woods be haunted by disembodied bird voices

Yea whoever decided to not put birds in must have been a real Fokker! How am I supposed to get me blessing from the heavens now? Stupid Fokkers!

And am hoping to Saint Martha's vinyard that those prison gates that are locked now in the Imperial City wont be needing opening with no stinking pay for download Official Plugin!

Oh how the holy rage clears my cloudy mind! The Lord on high has a reason for all things. Now to go back and play more Oblivion...
Post Sat May 27, 2006 1:20 am

Lucky Day

Not reading the review but the headline.

Multiplayer was seriously missing from Morrowind. Its one of the things that made it boring after a time.

I haven't played enouigh of Oblivion to say that yet.
Post Sun May 28, 2006 4:38 am

Lucky Day

Not reading the review but the headline.

Multiplayer was seriously missing from Morrowind. Its one of the things that made it boring after a time.

I haven't played enouigh of Oblivion to say that yet.
Post Sun May 28, 2006 4:42 am

Father Omally

Oblivion Multiplayer its a horrid spectacle to imagine

BLIMEY! Oblivion is bad enough already with its non elder scrolls game style and inconsistent lore.At least in Morrowind the lore was rich like the finest vintage of wine. Multiplayer Oblivion would just dumb things down even more. Lets also remember Bethesda loss of commonsense design when it comes to game balance with weapons/items/weight/prices etc etc. Would you really want to pay a monthly subscription to something so badly implemented laddy? Hmm? I still cant believe what in tarnations they were thinking when they did the loot scaling. A stinking pair of sandals and shirt in a locked chest is all i be getting for killing a dungeon full of psychotic monstrosities?

If Oblivion is gonna make its gots to be in single player mode first. Anyone remember a certain multiplayer LEGENDS OF MIGHT AND MAGIC that flopped big time just before 3Do went out of business with Might n Magic 9 and HOMM?
Post Mon May 29, 2006 4:41 pm

Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

(a)
"Oblivion is, and will remain, a single-player experience."

(b)
Still, for some, it's hard to deny the appeal of online modes in Oblivion where players could interact, test their skills against each other, and work cooperatively.

*.....White man speak with forked tongue....*
Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:12 pm
Father Omally

Daggerfall a single player game model for mulitplayer

Yes indeed it would be a most spectacular spectacle of carnage by stomping bombastic music to witness!

1.It would mean though having a much more detailed real world system ala Daggerfall or Everquest for stores,commerce and a immersive world goverment structure.

2.A much more varied library of spells with very different visual effects to keep things interesting not like now where spells of a certain element look very similar in a boring manner.

3.A huge landmass similar to Daggerfall with plenty of environmental weather variety.Right now am a bit underwhelmed as am exploring other distant areas of Oblivion like the frigidly cold mountains only to look over my shoulder to see the Imperial City.Talk about killing the sense of immensity! Its like i just walked to another town not something miles and miles away.I never felt this closed in with Morrowind.

4.A very strict rule of consequences especially when it comes to those hyperactive little twirps known as newbie killers who kill every new player in sight! Maybe something akin to Ultima Online where i believe they hunted the frigging troublesome buggers for a ingame reward.

5.Etc..etc..etc

This is what i was expecting in singleplayer Oblivion unfortunately i have yet to see it happen so as far as multiplayer goes
Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:47 pm