View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Larbry
I'm still waiting for my two copies. I sent an email requesting an update on my order and got a reply the same day saying this: your order was shipped 16.9.2005. It takes to ship about 14-20 days, you should obtain it soon.

So I'm guessing by next week at the latest for me.

Which email address did you use?
Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:46 pm
Larbry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The first 3 emails came from: operator@bontonland.cz and the last one came from: lucie.hamrnikova@bonton.cz
Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:03 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Dočasně mimo provoz / The web pages are temporaly downStránky Bontonlandu jsou momentálně mimo provoz
Prosím přijďte později

I wonder if I am ever going to get my copy. They are not responding to my e-mail two days ago on an order made two weeks ago. They charged my credit card 65 USD.

This company is starting to annoy me. They took my money, but then tell me to wait two weeks. I email about status and no reply.

Maybe 'Naverre' has all the copies to sell in NA for only 20 USD and they are not going to send me the game?

Charging me my credit card two weeks ago before they even ship the game or have stock?

Have you guys having any problems? I am starting to think I got screwed. Reversing a credit charge is not for free. This is bullshit. I should warn you about my experience so far.

They started out OK (people got the game), but what gives with them now? Their website is down, and they do not answer any e-mails.

This is bad business practice. They charge your credit card in advance and claim they ship in 24 hours. That was two weeks ago and no informance since then except we are out of stock (please wait for 14 days).

Are they that slow in the head over there? Good God. Now you can buy the darn thing for 20 USD on October 25 here in the USA soon. And I gave Bontonland a good report.

Have you guys got your order, or this "Sorry please wait 14 days" line?
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:54 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Dobrý den,

našw stránky jsou ted mimo provozo, na závadě se pracuje.
Zkuste to později.

Šťastná Jana
Bontonland a.s.
Václavské náměstí 1
110 00, Praha 1
www.bontonland.cz

OK, I got this reply. I do not know if it is auto generated or not. Was this a real person typing back or a machine response? Seems to have spelling errors, or its a dialect. I give my best try.
-----------------------------------
Good day,

Our (web) page is presently down, (we are) working on a (computer) failure.

Try again later on.

---------------------------------------

I assume this is a general machine response. Anyone know Czech? Kamahl, any help here?

našw=naše Spelling error? the 'w' and 'e' are close together on the keyboard.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:35 pm
cluster550
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm also beginning to wonder if I got screwed. I placed my order for two copies back on September 10th, and aside from the order confirmation, I haven't gotten anything from them. I emailed them a few days ago asking about the status and haven't heard anything back yet. If I don't hear anything from them in the next few days, I'll be calling my credit card company.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:52 pm
Figment
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hopefully they should get my order in stock soon give or take a few days (not tomorrow obviously) and then hopefully I should get an e-mail about dispatch - I will monitor the situation closely to see what happens, and may e-mail them if there is no movement by Wednesday.

So far they have been good, I accidently ordered 2 by different payment methods - they canceled the duplicate order and e-mailed me promptly back saying that they only are dealing with the primary order.

Looks like there are alot of mixed results. An idea is that do we think it is worth sending them a mail saying that our forum is interested in Raven and that several people have ordered from them? It might help them work out why so many non-native people are ordering software from them and they might pay extra attention to the other orders (they may not, just an idea)
Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:23 pm
focus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Got my copy today. They only posted it last Tuesday.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:59 pm
cluster550
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got a reply this morning saying that my copies were shipped last Tuesday and that I should be receiving them within two weeks. The looong wait is almost over.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:48 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well I got an e-mail finially. I guess it has shipped and will be here in a couple of weeks.

DEAR ****,

we sent your order ***** on 27.9.2005 and you ahoul obtain it in 14 days. In case of any problems, mail me.The payment arrived without problem.
Have a nice day
Lucie Hamrnikova
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:03 pm
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why are you guys ordering from the Czeck? Its going to be released for $20 in the US around OCt 24th.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:26 pm
cluster550
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Greb Jnnayr
Why are you guys ordering from the Czeck? Its going to be released for $20 in the US around OCt 24th.

Because we didn't find that out until after our orders were placed. I had a feeling that would happen as soon as I ordered from them or got German version and English text mod. Oh well, I should still have my copy before it's released here.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:23 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Greb Jnnayr

We believe that once we actually see it happen, on too many occasions there have been certain dates named and when the day is here, nothing really happened.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:58 am
Larbry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I received my two copies today. It took 20 days from the day it was shipped to get to my house.

It installed fine, now just have to finish working on my customers computers so I can play some Gothic tonight!
Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:17 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Larbry
I received my two copies today. It took 20 days from the day it was shipped to get to my house.

It installed fine, now just have to finish working on my customers computers so I can play some Gothic tonight!

Lucky you got your copy. I am still waiting. And just think I could have got the darn thing for 20 USD quicker by waiting; they announce it for NA after I just bought it.

Bontonland is way too slow. For the 62 USD I was charged, and it still is not here, is vey bad business. I only have 30 days to dispute a charge. I do not know if it is lost in mail or if they even sent the game.

I know yours was shiped September 16, 2005. Mine was shipped September 27, 2005 (even though I place the order only two days behind you on September 18, 2005). So if it took 20 days to ship to you; (let me see 9-27 plus 20 days minus one day for the lazy US goverment's postal Columbus holiday they get off), makes it October 18, 2005.

We will see. after that, it has been 30 days since my credit card was pre-charged to allow it to get here legally. Then I can reverse the charge. What aload. Why can they not get these games to NA market any slower?
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:07 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just a quick update. My order was made September 18, 2005. Shipped on September 27, 2005.

Now it is October 18, 2005. They had over 20 days to get it shipped to me, a full month after the order. Still no game. They say they are 'looking into reclaim it on czech post'.

I think I will see the 'Second Coming' before I will see this game get here. What a hassle.
Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:37 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next