Usergroups
Am I the only rabbit?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In Gothic I always jump like hell because then I move much faster! Am I the only one that doesn't give a f*ck to be "considered bunny rabbit"? :rolleyes:

Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:51 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Heh, I did that sometimes too, but just to be silly. I always end up messing around in games doing things I'm not supposed to. I remember the first time I played it, I was running around jumping and jumped off a hill into some shallow water while singing the Juicy Fruit song (old chewing gum commercial..nevermind). My gf just thought I was crazy. Oh, and I crashed to my death too.
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:06 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I always jump when I am running, it helps get me to the place I want to go alot faster. Although now that I know how to obtain the scrolls in the game, I just turn my ass into a bloodfly. Get to places alot quiker this way. You can also type in southpark in the status window to increase running speed. Thank Gorath for this little cheat.
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:17 pm
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2001-11-08 11:06, Raldor wrote:
Heh, I did that sometimes too, but just to be silly. I always end up messing around in games doing things I'm not supposed to. I remember the first time I played it, I was running around jumping and jumped off a hill into some shallow water while singing the Juicy Fruit song (old chewing gum commercial..nevermind). My gf just thought I was crazy. Oh, and I crashed to my death too.

Hahahaha!! I imagine it completely and now I'm laughing my 3 months ago eaten pizza out of my lungs! hahah!
Yeah when I'm using jumping-to-move-faster skill I'm singing too. Not always, sometimes. But mostly it's a song from the GooGooDolls, Matchbox 20, Nine Days etc. Because I like those songs. Sometimes I'm so jumpy that I don't even see the upcoming cliff. And....... ow well, I think you get what happens then!

Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:21 pm
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2001-11-08 11:17, MC_Renzy wrote:
I always jump when I am running, it helps get me to the place I want to go alot faster. Although now that I know how to obtain the scrolls in the game, I just turn my ass into a bloodfly. Get to places alot quiker this way. You can also type in southpark in the status window to increase running speed. Thank Gorath for this little cheat.

A cheat to increase running? Cool! Isn't that cheat TOO unrealistic?

[ This Message was edited by: Vincent The Great on 2001-11-08 14:27 ]
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:23 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Ya unforunatly it speeds up the entire game as well. The monsters attack twice as fast and your guy looks like a moron while running. It's a good cheat if you can't use telport and need to get to a place fast. Turn yourself into a bloodfly then enable the cheat. This is the fastest you can go in the game. Very hard to control the player when moving.
Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:34 pm
Vincent The Great
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Nehh that's pethatic. I keep it with my jumpy behaviour. Not that that's pethatic but... yeah... well speeding up the whole game.. nehh, I won't like that.
thanks for the information, btw.

Post Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:19 pm
MafioZo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I always jump its the fastest way to move, especially if you learned Acrobatics skill.
Though you can run just about that fast if you used speed potion. Acrobatics skill makes your jumps sooo long

Post Mon Nov 19, 2001 7:37 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Eeeeveeeeerryone jumps to run faster.

Or you can just use F6 + F4 to 'fly' to where you want to without having to transform into an insect.
Post Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:43 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hey! I'm a Nobleman now!!! ... I don't like how this looks, but I'm higher ranking!
Post Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:45 am