Huh? 3 quests? That's it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Huh? 3 quests? That's it?

After spending hours trying to find out how to join the thieves guild, they give you three ''go fetch this'' quests, and then it's over?

Lame....
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:32 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

yeah, Agree..still I havn't been in chapter 5 and 6, but I've heard that you won't get more jobs...I think there should be more quests, but not just like picking up items so that they can sell it..also like killing a person who have stolen something from them maybe..(and bury them in meatbug sh*t so the guards won't find the body ) maybe if there's a thieves guild in Gothic 3 there will be more quests
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:43 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, we need ''original quests'', not the usual FedEx quests, like in Morrowind. These quests lack creativity. Like when Ramirez asks you to ''go fetch a sextant''. It's just a matter of killing the dragon, and then bring back the damned thing. Hell, you don't even need to steal anything in order to get it.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:19 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

I understand you.. this eis suppus to be a THIEFS guild.. not a "Dragon killers sextant takers guild"
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:43 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Exactly. It's worse than Morrowind. But then again, The thieves guild in Morrowind actually made me feel like I was a part of an organization.

That game is alot better than Gothic 2...
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:06 pm
Pikkon

I havent played morrowind but i heard it suckes.. and people alweys say that gothic is batter.. gothic 1-2 were the best games i have ever played!
I hope the thives guild in gothic 3 will be batter..
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:12 am
fernelf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think both games are great for different reasons. I love the way Gothic 2 is so realistic in the daily schedules. Morrowind is a beautiful world. Both games have strong points and weak points. I suggest playing both games and then make your own opinion of each..dont rely on others opinions since things they may not like in a game may be the thing you do like.

anywho...back ot..does telling on the theifs guild after you have done thier quest effect anything?...I am sure they want your hide..but does it effect the game in any way?
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:31 pm
Pikkon

I didnt sayd morrowind sucks.. i sayd i heard morrowind suckes..

I dont know i never finished all theyr quests without killing them..
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:34 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I've played both Morrowind and Gothic, I realiced when played Gothi 2 again that I enjoyed Gothic more than Morrowind..the thieves guild in Morrowind are to open..they nearly ask you on the street if you want to join them..even if you're in the Imperial legion or the Warriors guild..it should be more difficult to join them..like in Gothic 2
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:17 pm
Pikkon

Ok...
I finished gothic 1 for my first time today...
I hate to spoil it for you but...

Gothic 1 and 2 are great games!

But the Ends.. SUCK!!! the gothic 1 end is worse than gothic 2 end!
Bside that.. G-R-E-A-T games!!
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:36 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by fernelf
anywho...back ot..does telling on the theifs guild after you have done thier´quest effect anything?...I am sure they want your hide..but does it effect the game in any way?

Nope! Doesn't effect a damn thing...
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:19 pm
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I played them both as well, I like gothic2 more because i think it's easier to understand and the skills are harder to get al;though in gothic 2 it's still easy. morrowwind has lots of people with difficult names so i thought it was hard to know to whom you should report after finishing a quest. also i thought that the storyline in gothic is better.
in morrowwind you have a lot of skills but i think that you can improve your skills to easy, when you know where the merchant is that has 5000 gold and pays the whole price for al your stuff you can buy all the skills you want.

About the thieves guild, i think the quests are good, the bloodchalices is a real thieves quest just like the stealing constantino's ring quest to get in the lockpick chest quest gives some good rewards ( i always like good rewards ) and when you dont know that the lousy dragon has the damn sextant you are searching a very very long time, for me i searched the whole city and after that the whole monestary because in my opinion you have to find such a thing near some high educated people like alchimists or mages or so. i think it's pretty lame that you cant find the damn thing with logical thinking. besides that they could put more quests in chapter 5 and 6. i think the quests in 5 and 6 are fewer than in the chapters for that so to keep the game interesting later on the quests should be more challenging
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:01 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

The names in Morrowind are way too hard to remember (thats why I write them down ) and to find a way to placec whom not stand on the map yet, nor on the signs and all you know is that you're supposed to go to the east, but there ain't a compass on the map I have o idea where east is
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:07 am