i would die happy if i could play gothic with the blade´s combat system

outside of spain it was called severance

cheers!!!
Post Thu May 06, 2004 10:24 pm
Towlie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanx for a GREAT game
Its cool to see the developers get involved in the forums \o/.
You mentioned earlier that you could not afford more than 16 voice actors in G2, is this going to be a problem for gothic 3 aswell?
If so im sure there is no shortage talented ppl willing to do va`s for free just to be in the game.
Y not have a contest or summit on the german forums?
I for 1 know i could do better than Serpentines.. tho i wont fly to germany to prove it = P
Anyho just a thought
Post Fri May 07, 2004 1:17 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

First of all, combat from the range should be LETHAL. Bows and crossbows were lethal weapons. What should be adjusted perhaps, is that moving targets are quite HARD to hit with the ranged weapons, and would depend on your position. I.e. you see some mobs ahead, you open fire and you kill one mob with a single shot - normal, ranged damage is lethal. Fine, for the game playability, you wouldn't kill them with a single hit, but big damage nevertheless, especially since they were standing still, defenses down, not knowing that they're targetter.

After the shot, they attack you. Now, if they run straight at you, you can hit them still easily while on the run, although damage would be less now - they have defenses up, shields up, so hitting them now for any serious damage IS HARD. IF the mobs are running around you, then hitting them overall from side would be difficult to impossible, because they're MOVING all the time.

Also, it shouldn't be so that as soon as you hit a mob from ranged weapon, it and it's buddies know right away where you are and charge you. They should actually SEE you before attacking you, if they don't see you, they should try to hide behind obstacles, put up their shields and such, while trying to find you. If you hide well and they wont find you, after a while, they'd come out of their hidings and if you are patient, you would have another chance for another shot. Of course, if you'd make a second shot from the same spot, at the same mob, it would find you, because it simply would then be easier to understand, from where the shot came from again.

And, to balance out, the skillpoints should be awarded so, that one can become quite good with a bow or crossbow and CAN play through the whole game like this, if he/she chooses to, but they would not then be able to become a good fighter as well. I.e. you have to THINK which way you choose, ranged or close range combat, not both.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 11:45 am
Zamolxes
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It would be cooler if the hero will have the ability to sleep near a tree, rock or somethin' like that, not only on beds, it'll give the game a more realistic atmosphere. Weaken up by an animal or any action given by this possibility could add more intensive realistic atmosphere.
Anyway it was just an idea, the games are great even so!!!
Keep up the good work!!!
Post Fri May 07, 2004 12:15 pm
Zamolxes
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Just asking!!

What should I do, to be a part of your story team???(if there could be a chance)
Post Fri May 07, 2004 1:09 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yeah, I would love the ambient animations too. For example, say I was running around some area and time was late, night.. I come across some campfire there, I would LOVE to "click" on the campfire and see the hero to sit down to fire, at times pull out some brance from aside and fiddle the fire with it, or pick up some brances from other side and throw these into the fire.. You know, this kind of stuff, it has really no use as such for the general gameplay, but is just FUN Also, if you have some, say, raw meat in your inventory, then hero, when sitting next to fire, would occasionally do animation, where he sticks the raw meat on the branch and then grills it over the fire and later takes few bites

Basically, MORE such ambient animations, they serve no real purpose to the game, but sure are fun.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 1:10 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Yeah, I would love the ambient animations too. For example, say I was running around some area and time was late, night.. I come across some campfire there, I would LOVE to "click" on the campfire and see the hero to sit down to fire, at times pull out some brance from aside and fiddle the fire with it, or pick up some brances from other side and throw these into the fire.. You know, this kind of stuff, it has really no use as such for the general gameplay, but is just FUN Also, if you have some, say, raw meat in your inventory, then hero, when sitting next to fire, would occasionally do animation, where he sticks the raw meat on the branch and then grills it over the fire and later takes few bites

Basically, MORE such ambient animations, they serve no real purpose to the game, but sure are fun.

That idea is marvelous i think this would be really cool in Gothic 3
Post Fri May 07, 2004 2:11 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Gothic with Blade of Darkness combat system would be great. When i first found Gothic I was looking for something like Severance, and the way both game look is pretty much the same. Gothic is much better, but the same style of graphics/drawings.

I wolud like to see even more detailed and realistic graphics and better models without loss of story or atmosphere.

And I would like to see KaiRo, to answer some questions, but I already said that. Just hope he reads it in some kind of way.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 4:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Seems we forgot to lock this thread years ago.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:06 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18