How to Levitate ??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
normos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How to Levitate ??

When I activate a levitate scroll I can see stuff floating up (the magic) but my character remains on the ground. I tried several actions but I never
rise upwards. Can someone help me out ?
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:40 am
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hope I'm right about this, lol

From my experience, Levitate does not let you 'fly', only float. In other words, you cant go up and down, just straight. For instance, there is an area in the Trolls caves with a rune on a ledge across from you, but NO way to get to it. You can cast Levitate and float DIRECTLY across to the ledge and grab the rune. I've found Levitate to be quite useful in this capacity several times. I know this does not coincide with the usual definition of levitation, but it does have some value.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:13 am
Azuth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been trying to figure out how to levitate to that ledge near the outpost. It doesn't appear that there is a way to get the right altitude since I can't jump onto the ledge at the fortress.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:33 am
georgon38
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Azuth
I've been trying to figure out how to levitate to that ledge near the outpost. It doesn't appear that there is a way to get the right altitude since I can't jump onto the ledge at the fortress.

You don't need to get the attitude just right, try to start your levitation from some point higher than the ground, even if it seems you're still a long way from reaching the items. Most of the times, getting near them, even underneath, is enough for your cursor to become a hand so you can grab what's there (sometimes through the rock).

You can also experiment some other ways to gain altitude, like lauching the spell just after a jump (it takes a while to get it right).

Have fun
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:50 am
Azuth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Got it no problem with Telekenisis.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:24 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Spoiler

There is another hidden stash in the 'outpost' that you can get using a levitate scroll. Go into the outpost and go to the top of the stairs. Cast levitate. Now proceed in the direction that would take you to the exit of the outpost if you were on the ground... as you go along, look down. You will see a ledge with several gems that you should be able to pick up with levitate still on.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:43 pm