View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Duran
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic III & how to work around the quirky controls of G

Hi,

I am very pleased that Gothic III is in development.
I would buy it without ever having seen something about it - so you see :
I like the series.
I played Gothic II : at first --> the controls were BAD.
But I read more about it in a dutch magazine and it was mentioned there that
teh developers of Gothic II inserted 2 controltypes with the game.
First & the one who is innitially installed with the game is the way THEY would like to play the game.
But in consideration of all the comments they had with Gothic I they made another (traditional - like in all other RPG's) controltype.
You just have to activate that in the .ini file (look on the discussionsboards on the internet on how to do that - it's just amatter of turning a 1 into a 0 - at least something like that).
Well I did activate that traditional controltype and it played GREAT.
Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:54 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by _damirko
Hey guys, need a little help, any idea where could I find online shop in europe with english version of Gothic 1 to buy it from. It seems I can't find it anywhere

I searched and had no luck either, sorry. Looks like your gonna need to get it second hand,
Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:58 am
p|X|
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

are there any screenshots of the game or videos ?

if yes
please past the link

tnx
Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:12 pm

You know, guys, it's not polite! You all cry for English version... can you imagine, how long will I wait for Russian version? I think you'll all forget name Gothic, when I will play russian version of addon
Of course I know English... and I can buy English version... but only from online shop... and actually I don't trust them
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:48 am

Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

ah... sorry forgot to log in... that was my post

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:07 pm

But why are u against the original Gothic I controls? It was even upgraded in Gothic 2 and I really hope Devs won't disable the original controls. The "Traditional", as u say, is really bad if compared to original. It so easy and when u get used to it, the traditional RPGs controls just s**ks. Fighting controls is the best i ever so in any RPG game. I mean pressing two buttons at once just helps, as u can better know what u want to do. All in all just get used to original Gothic controls and u will love it and other controls ... they just...
Post Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:32 pm

I saw a screenshot in a recent Computer Gaming World preview issue. Strangely, the game has a semi-cel shaded look, sort of like the recent Tron and Fable games.
Post Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:41 pm

p|X|
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can hardly wait
Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:20 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes it has all the necessary pedigree to be a greate game ( I will not be satisfied with less then revolutionary, although )
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:00 am
dragoneye

G3

At this time there is NO screenshot of Gothic3. The screenshot some guys speak about is taken from the "Gilde2" engine. Its the same graphic engine as Gothic3, but there are still many differences in textures etc. Gilde2 is a realtime simulation with a far view angle and gothic is a first person game.

For those waiting for a english version. this time it will come much more early, so do not worry. The first two parts of gothic were not for the international market. Lately the publisher decided to make an english verison. But they sold so many exemplars ... so this time there will be an english version just after the german.
If you are interested in more information and in concept arts etc. you must go to: www.worldofgothic.com ! Now the site is also in english. In germany its the biggest community page for Gorhic.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:43 am

dragoneye

G3

At this time there is NO screenshot of Gothic3. The screenshot some guys speak about is taken from the "Gilde2" engine. Its the same graphic engine as Gothic3, but there are still many differences in textures etc. Gilde2 is a realtime simulation with a far view angle and gothic is a first person game.

For those waiting for a english version. this time it will come much more early, so do not worry. The first two parts of gothic were not for the international market. Lately the publisher decided to make an english verison. But they sold so many exemplars ... so this time there will be an english version just after the german.
If you are interested in more information and in concept arts etc. you must go to: www.worldofgothic.com ! Now the site is also in english. In germany its the biggest community page for Gorhic.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:44 am

Hopfully it will be much longer than G1 and G2! You cant imagine how i enyojd punching the dumbass orcs face!
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:59 pm

croma

1) about the changes ppl are expectin in G3: i must say that all what you are suggesting, will be made in "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion". now, we all know that this will be a tough competition, but one part i loved about gotic, was that it was much more "simple", "cooler" and "action like" than morrovind, also that it had voice acting and not just texts....but that weaknesess in are about to change in Oblivion, so gothic will have to intruduce something bether....i for one just hope, that gothic will stay gothic and so wount be TO COMPLICATED, and that the action will stay as cool as it is

2) have you seen, that this topic is the most viwed topic on rpgdot forums wau...i guess ppl really like gothic.....just like me (proud)
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:14 am

crome

besides, i think that ONLY game that can compere to gothic (in singleplayer meaning) is elder scrols series....or more specificly: morrovind
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:22 pm

croma

besides, i think that ONLY game that can compere to gothic (in singleplayer meaning) is elder scrols series....or more specificly: morrovind
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:24 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next