The Witcher: Concept Art @ Official Site
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

The Witcher: Concept Art @ Official Site

Witcher Week is now underway and we brought you the first screenshot yesterday via IGN and here's the second release - a piece of (rather adult) <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery.asp?id=arts" target="_blank">concept art</a>. This won't sneak through with a 'T' rating.
Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:42 pm

"a piece of (rather adult) concept art."

I was expecting some girl with big boobs and alot of cleaveage not an actual nude demon lol.

Looks pretty neat any one know what it is? The blood running down her mouth looks cool she has the nipples of an oriental girl those gross dark sasauge bit nipples and she needs to shave those pubes.

I'll look forward to kill her though damn i can't wait for this game i want it now :\
Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:44 pm

Jadar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It'll never make it in the US version

Demon or not, a graphic like that would get an Adult rating, and given the current level of insanity in the country, it may be banned outright. It will get cut and if they are lucky they will get a Mature rating. Personally I'd give it a teen rating, it's not like mating with the beast is part of the story line (or is it?).

Last edited by Jadar on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:45 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

CAn't wait to play Witcher!

It gives me great amusement when those people become so hysterical if they see nudity in a game. Why games have to be so different from the movies in terms of adult content? I bet no-one makes a scene nowdays if they bumb into nudity in a drama-film. If developers think that nudity serves some artistic purpose why they shouldn't do whatever they feel is best for the game's atmosphere? I wish more developers would have more freedom and courage to fullfill their visions. Nobody is expecting film directors, artists or writers to water down their own visions.
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:14 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

The "nudity" angle is insignificant, it's only a game, although i do take the point some younger players do view or confuse games with real life.

I may have overlooked it but i would like to know the pc spec's prefered and minimum requirements, seems some graphics muscle would be required?

It certainly looks very promising, if the story is as immersive as suggested then it's definitely on my list.
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:52 am
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: It'll never make it in the US version

quote:
Originally posted by Jadar
Demon or not, a graphic like that would get an Adult rating, and given the current level of insanity in the country, it may be banned outright. It will get cut and if they are lucky they will get a Mature rating. Personally I'd give it a teen rating, it's not like mating with the beast is part of the story line (or is it?).

No, it probably only requires you to murder the naked woman. What kind of ridiculous prude could object to games wedding sexual suggestiveness to violence? Crazy Americans. (I look forward to Guilded's take on this. No, I really do.)
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:57 pm

Yeah its funny i mean look at the games today they don't mind if theres blood and gore blowing off heads burning people with gasoline running people over with cars ripping peoples heads off with you're bear hands but if theres one little art or nude thing in the game every one freaks out lol thats the mentality of America and ratings.

Whats more harmful to a child seeing a nude girl wich he will probably giggle or letting him pretty much do anything to a human in terms of execution.

Wait but God of War had alot of nudity at the start of the game and i didnt see any one complain and it didnt get banned so how did they manage that? It was only rated M.

If a game is rated M they should have freedom to do what ever they want because people under 17 cant buy it any way.

They should just make a new rating every new game with super violence should be rated A 18+ and then that means by law any one under 18 cant buy it and then that should give the developers the freedom to do what ever the hell they want.

But then alot of kids wont be able to buy it and their parents probably wont either lol.
Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:36 pm