Usergroups
So which camp will win?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, right, but they didn't. I wouldn't worry too much though, in my Royal Rumble Lee still managed to paste Y'Berion who's level 30 .
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:08 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Who won? Gomez did. Lee is a loooossserrrr dressed in animal skins. Gomez is a pimp brandishing thick armor. Gomez has the colony in the palm of his hand, so bow down!
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:23 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

So don't forget that Gomez...

SPOILER...

...ends up dead in 99% of all cases of playing the game while Lee doesn't. my Royal Rumble wasn't really official .
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:39 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

lee could be taken down by the most random guard in the world, as long as he was medium or better. gomez on the other hand, can only be defeated by the strongest warrior in the colony. gomez has the most powerful weapon anywhere in the game (proven a while back ). lee has some woopsydiddle axe. FOR FRICKEN GOMEZ, KANFLAMMIT!!!!!
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:14 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wasn't talking about who's the best fighter.. a single fighter doesn't matter in the long run anyway, but the mind behind them matters A LOT.

Lee isn't the best fighter, but brilliant when it comes to tactics, and that is a huge advantage.

The Old Camp has a castle and everything, but to win a war they will have to go outside that castle.. if the Old Camp attacked the New Camp, they would lose. In a war, the defenders will always have the advantage, and using the mountain passes in the New Camp(there's only 2 ways in there), the Old Camp would have to send their soldiers through 2 and 2.. they would lose their entire army trying to enter if the New Camp fired with Longbows while the Old Camp tried to enter.

This is just an example of how it may turn out if the Old Camp attacks, but considering the fact that there is only 2 entrances to the New Camp, it is a good example.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:13 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Look at what actually DID happen. The Old Camp sneaked in and ambushed the New Campers in the Free Mine. Killed every last one of them dead.

The New Camp layout isn't very good against ambush.

The Old Camp castle is.

Swamp camp or course can be totally ambushed from every which way.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:19 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne

The New Camp layout isn't very good against ambush.

The Old Camp castle is.

Swamp camp or course can be totally ambushed from every which way.

The Free Mine is not very good against ambush.

And also why does the battle have to occur in one of the camps? It could be at anywhere. I think New Camp would win because their people know how to deal with the guards. Take a look at the old camp convoy. A whole mass of guards were killed by Rogues, which shows that New Campers are more skillful.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:07 pm
Scary Old Man

I Think if it was all out total mayehm and all the camps were at each others throuts the ocrs would lose rather fast. they just don't have the ic to climb a tree to attack a crossbowman. i took out the entire orcish camp by casting army of darkness on top of one of the trees and letting the skeletons and orcs duke it out. the orcs were much to stupid to just climb the tree and hack me into hefty little peaces. Personly i think that the camps should have attcked the orcs as soon as they could so that they would be gone forever inside the barrier. I think the New camp would get pummled by the sect loonies because the roughs have no sens of unity. the tables will have turned when the mercs come in because they have a strong sens of unity. The thing that i think would win the sects the day would be that half the mercs are defending the mages and the other hafl is defending the free mine. the devided forces wouldn't stand a chance. but as the sect have the strongest zealots they also have the weakest novices compared the roughes and the shadows. now what might be a problem would be the rough wolf. hes wearing a bow and a crossbow.(is the a bug or just to make him look cool)
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:44 pm

HiveTyrant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

WEll i still think the NC will win because the OC depends on the outside world for just about everything. If the NC were to just start takin all the outside world shipments the OC would soon die of hunger and lack of weapons.Were as the NC hass their rice feilds and that nice bid pond to fish in. Ans also the OC armor is nothin but mear cloth. You dont see one peice of metal on um except for the heavy armor and only a few people have that. were as the NC all their armors have metal on um and they also have the crawler armor that guy invented and a mine to gett h plates from so they can make tons of the armour!!!

-Holy Inquistion on the Tyranid threat
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:11 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Sorry... I don't think the minecrawler armor counts. Wolf only gets that idea after YOU wiped out the minecrawlers in the Old Mine.

This thread is more specific to which camp will win if the war took place right at the start... like when you are puny and are not a deciding factor if you joined in.

I think as the game progresses, the strengths and weaknesses of the camps vary. Who can deny that the Sleeper Temple Templars will win the day (if you weren't around)?
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:11 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, about 5 Apacolyptic Templars could tear down any camp in the entire world, so I think we have a winner!
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:18 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

No. Apocalyptic Templars only existed near the end of the game when Cor Kalon lead them into the Sleeper's Temple. And that only happened because of Y'Berion's vision before he was struck down.

At the start, Y'Berion still had no idea yet what the sleeper was, nor anybody else, thus the apocalytic templars would not have existed.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:09 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nope, but Y'berion's "vision" would've happened anyway. The main character helped them out, but they would've managed by themselves as well. We can't stop the entire development; we have to take everything into consideration, and all in all the apacolyptic Templars/the Sleeper would've won because the main character wouldn't be able to stop them.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:37 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

I think you're still missing the point of 'at the beginning' of the game.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:44 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I think the old camp is the strongest.
The defences are the best.
If attackt they can pull back to the castle,
while the enemy is beasy with the villigers, the guard and mages can shoot from the castle.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next