Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Troubleshooting with Fallout 2. Memory, fonts, no disc.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Futuregod
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Troubleshooting with Fallout 2. Memory, fonts, no disc.

Alright, a fair few problems to share with you. If you can help me with any of these, it would be massively appreciated, as I want to play this game once more!

1- "Couldn't find/load /text fonts"

This problem only comes up if I fully install it, or do a large install.

2- "Not enough memory" (or something similar to this. Sorry for not being specific.

Once again, this only comes up with certain installations. These problems are not too crippling, as I can install a different size, although it will run slower than what I would like.

3- When I enter the Den, there is nothing. Every other area (so far at least) as loaded correctly. I enter the Den, and I get my usual assortment of displays (my equipment for example) and it has not frozen. I see my character, see Sulik who is with me, and the red hex where my cursor is. If I move my character, his image "ghosts", meaning that he leaves images of himself wherever he runs. A similar thing happens to the red highlighter that I put onto the ground. Now, I have not been able to play the game with a large, or full installation, so if I sort out the earlier problems, I might get this fixed. Hopefully.

4- With previous problems, I HAVE NOT PATCHED THIS GAME. However, when I do patch this game, I put the disc in. I double click the CD icon. It autoruns, having the normal selection of options "Play, uninstall, readme, direct x etc". But, when I click play, it says "You need the Fallout 2 disc!" which I found very odd.

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated, thanks.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:05 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Can't say that I've come across these problems. Which version of Fallout 2 do you have (ie., US? Original version or budget release?). Which patch version are you trying to apply? What OS do you have?
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:51 pm
HockeyRanger187
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

similar problem

wtf, i have not played fallout 2 in a long time. i decided to reload it and play again, but im getting a "not enough hard disk space" message!!! i have over 140G of disk space unused and i dont know why im getting the message! please help me! (i have installed the humungous instalation) US version.
System specs: Alienware
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
2 gig ram
RADEON X800 PRO
164GB HD
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A
Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:45 am