RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Stingeling
Not really.
If noone buys it then they don't have any reason to release gothi games in english at all.
If alot of ppl buy it they might see that they make alot of profit by releasing english versions.

That logic doesn't work too well, because obviously the english speaking community will not buy the title they can't understand. In which case they'd always could say "Aww, no one who speaks english is buying our title in X language, we can't release the english version!". Obviously the english speaking community would like to try out the title, but without the language what they can understand, they wont do it.
Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:21 am
Svetty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Another post for deletion

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
I have said it MANY times........the devs did a great job....the pubs suck dingleberries.

Why in he!! would anyone reward the pubs by BUYING the english addon??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They have taken incompetence to new heights, ignored their fan base for many months, and broken the simplest of customer service ideals.

You will NOT find a more loyal fan of the Gothic series than me..........period. But the gaming world should send a STRONG message to game devs and pubs.........STOP YANKING US!! The addon has been finished for SEVERAL months but they are to moronic to figure out how to capitalize from it....READ THIS PUBS..........release the dam game..........DOH!!!!!!!!! It's not making a cent sitting in your office, and EACH day the glory fades.

I mentioned sending the pubs a strong message, and I mean it. DO NOT REWARD indifference and incompetence! If you will buy a game after months of promises, they have NO reason to ever deliver on time!

Why are games made? Mainly to make money just like any other commercial activity. Hence publishers will follow whatever corporate strategy sems likely to achieve this aim. They are NOT about serving loyal customers!

None of this yet explains to me why as an EU citizen I cannot buy a product which is frely available for purchase in another EU country.
Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:12 pm
Stingeling
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm wondering if even gothic 1 has been released here in the netherlands at all.

I never bought gothic 1 or 2 cause it just took 2 long for it to be available here.

But the last couple of days I've been searching everywhere here in the netherlands for those 2 games cause I'm a big fan and still want the original copies.

I wasn't able to locate gothic 1 or 2 here at all :/ I checked every webshop here in Netherlands that I knew off and called a couple of shops but without success :/

I'm wondering now if it has ever been released here at all.
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:45 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gothic was released by Xicat, but it was hardly available because the publisher was only 3rd league.
G2 was definitely released in Benelux by Atari. It´s probably out of the stores now. When Koch Media rereleases the UK version you´ll get your chance to buy it, either in your local shop or online from the UK.
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:27 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

regarding this multi-lingual version of NOTR: to which countries can it be shipped at the moment? i got a bit confused here with the versions and all the info about each one of them...i understand that this version is compatible with english G2 and that it has english audio and english text, right? the release of the french add-on has been pushed back to september 9th as i last saw on french amazon...
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:43 am
Rpgplaya2
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The only online site ive seen the multi-lingual version of NOTR is a hungarian site. I emailed the site to see about shipping... I got a reply back stating that they can ONLY ship to hungry

Their money was in Feet (Ft) anyway

http://www.galaxisnet.hu/termek.php?id=7350
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:53 pm
Joseph
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Rpgplaya2
The only online site ive seen the multi-lingual version of NOTR is a hungarian site. I emailed the site to see about shipping... I got a reply back stating that they can ONLY ship to hungry

Their money was in Feet (Ft) anyway

http://www.galaxisnet.hu/termek.php?id=7350

It's Called "Forint" not Feet.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:35 am
Rpgplaya2
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
----------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Joseph
It's Called "Forint" not Feet.
----------------------------------------------------
Hehe, I was only joking, I assumed it was something other than feet.

Anymore info on when or if the english voice add-on of NOTR is coming out?
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:41 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Rpgplaya2
Anymore info on when or if the english voice add-on of NOTR is coming out?

No, the only hope we have now, IMO, is that it comes in some bundle together with Gothic 3 and maybe the other two Gothic games.
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:59 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
...it comes in some bundle together with Gothic 3 and maybe the other two Gothic games.

so except this case, our only hope to play an english voice addon is the french version that will possibly come on september...? or was that with french audio...?
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2