Crashes, (spoiler inside!!)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Crashes, (spoiler inside!!)

I'm getting pretty upset; I don't think I will be able to finish this game. Right now I'm on the mission to bring these seven races together, I have all of them except this lizard guy. Now, every time I try to click on his globe the game throws me back to the desktop, so basically I'm screwed. Patch didn't help either.

Any suggestions?
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:58 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Thats bad. No real suggestions here.

You could always try to reinstal and keep the savegame.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:30 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I also had this problem. Strange. I wonder if the new patch fixes this. I was able to get past the crashes by clicking on each globe in order from left to right. Then, you need to get info on each council member and get as many to join as you can. Then speak to the wizard about finding the ones who you are having trouble finding. You should be able to click on the lizard globe then and not have it crash. Be sure to save before clicking on each globe!
If it crashes, then try a different globe.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:35 pm
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have a slightly similar problem. I'm also in the Halls of the Council of Seven and I just killed the succubus and freed Zandalor. He tells me of my next mission which is to find the 7 council members. I can click and scry the members fine, except when I try to teleport out to any location using the teleporter, the game crashes to desktop. Since the teleporter is the only way to get out of the place, it seems I can't finish the game either

I've tried using other graphics mode (DirectDraw and software) and setting the desktop to 16 bit color like the Technical FAQ suggested but no luck
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:07 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Maybe it is hardware/software configuration problems, or the game setup, etc. Even before i applied new patch i have minimal problem playing the game. For the 7 councils quests i never experience any above mentioned irregularities. I remember clicked the globes from right to left (first with the lizard quest). Everything works fine until finish assembled all the 7 councils.
Earlier i also clicked the globes randomly - no crash & all.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:57 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Strange. Did you do everything in the area Thormiel? i.e. Defeat all monsters, click on all the globes and speak with the imp.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:23 pm
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah, I did all the needed tasks. Killed all the monsters that needed killing. I freed to Zandalor after which he walked to the room with the globes. Talked to the imp who gave me back the two pyramid stones. Then I talked to Zandalor and scryed for the members. I figured I'd try going to Aleroth and get Mardaneus first and stepped on the teleporter. Chose Aleroth as the destination. The game then started loading the map, and then it suddenly crashes to desktop. I tried all the other locations too, but the result was the same.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:26 pm