Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Bloodlines - Which clan do you want to join in the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Bloodlines - Which clan do you want to join in the game?

The available clans in the game will be:

Malkavian Clan - A Malkavian sire will pass alone more than his blood to his childe - he will pass along his insanity. Every member of this clan is inflicted with madness, which provides them with surprising and sometimes disturbing "insights." A Malkavian's "inner voice" may tell him someone's true intent - but can also be misleading or even completely wrong.

Nosferatu Clan - Among all the kindred, the Nosferatu are the most hideous to behold. The Embrace twists and deforms their physical appearance creating abominations to the eyes of men. As a result of their curse, these outcasts have perfected the ability to blend into shadows. With these skills, the Nosferatu are masters of espionage and information gathering.

Tremere Clan - The Tremere Clan is the least trusted of the Camarilla clans. Practitioners and creators of the blood magic called Thaumaturgy, the Tremere are enshrouded in mystery and their political structure is based on the acquisition of power. To some Kindred, the Tremere are vampires only because they stole the curse from the clans. The Tremere are never to be trusted.

Brujah Clan - To the rest of their dark brethern, the Brujah are a clan of violent brutes and street thugs, a reputation that is far from accurate. They've been known to tangle but they are a proud clan who fight for change and freedom in life and in death. Never without a cause, Brujahs fight with great passion and put their combat abilities to use whenever they're needed.

Ventrue Clan - Ventrue are the nobles of the undead. In the Dark Ages, the Ventrue were culled from kings, queens, knights and conquerors. Now, they are represented by the power brokers and executives of various Fortune 500 companies. Ventrue gather influence and prestige among both mortal and undead society to help them maintain the Masquerade and bolster their positions through favors and support from the other clans. Ventrue are the aristocracy of the Kindred and they wholeheartedly support the Traditions.

Gangrel Clan - Nomads. Loners. Introverts. These are the traits of the animalistic Gangrel Clan. A lonely existence awaits the childe of this loose-knit clan who spurns the trappings of civilization and prefers to roam the wilds in solitude. These rugged individualists have an uncanny connection with the Beast Within and some even possess shapeshifting abilities.

Toreador Clan - Artists and visionaries, the members of the Toreador Clan tend to gravitate toward high society. Due to their affinity for beauty, they have a great connection to the mortal world through arts and entertainment. To the Toreador vampires, mortals are more than prey, they're adoring fans.

Who do you prefer?
I'm thinking of trying it out with a Brujah to start, then try the Nosferatu for a more sneaky game. Or maybe a Tremere just so I can be a magic-user. Although the Gangrel's shapeshifting abilities sound like something fun to play with.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:41 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I always played as a Brujah, in PnP vampire, so I guess I'll stay in that clan for the time being.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:09 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Sound like i can beat someone into pulp, so Brujah. Is it more like a fighter instead of barbarian?. Beneath all those clans, many seem related in some degree to the classes like fighter, magic user, thief, etc as in D&D.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:32 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

True, but which class are the Malkavians? Bards?
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:35 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Malkavians can destroy the world with a thought and they're crazy enough to do it.

I hate 'em.

Be that as it may... like Jaz I'll stick with my PnP Vampire favorite clan: Nosferatu.

In pen and paper I love them because you're never messing with just one of them. If one appears before you and says something you don't like... assume there are a dozen more hidden in the shadows waiting for you to try something. Because there's really 30 or so.

Sneaky I like. Sneaky with the ability to tear a car in half I like even more.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I never thought of the Vampire clans as AD&D classes - more like movie archetypes. For me, the Brujah, for example, are pretty much like the vampires in Near Dark, the Tremere more like Dracula (the 1979 Dracula or the Gary Oldman one), the Nosferatu like Kinski as Nosferatu... etc.
Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:10 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
Malkavians can destroy the world with a thought and they're crazy enough to do it.

Hmm... I've have to try that out in an experiment after completing the game. Just throw cheats on like nuts then go bonkers.

Fear the wrath of Marilyn Manson!

I love theme role-playing.
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:10 am
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...

Nosferatu to start out. I want to be the silent death that tears people to pieces.

Then maybe I'll try out Val's idea. hehe
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:54 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I think I'll try the Toreador Clan, because having people as fans is just cool. I can be accepted by the humans (the low-lifes and sleazy ones at least), and maybe I'll get some volunteers to suck blood from.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:12 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

My only experience with this universe of different vampire clans was a few games of the collectible card game.

Anyhow, Ill be the malkavian. Just seems cool to be insane.
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:01 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Your funeral.

Though I did run a light hearted NPC in my vampire game called Batvamp. He was a Malkavian who was Spruce Vein by day and at social functions ... but Batvamp by night! He fought crime and made criminals repent.

He was also prone to leaping off buildings due to my players manipulations/suggestions.

Ultimately, though, they had to put him down. He created a legion of ghoul squirrels and bats and was using them the kill so many criminals (nothing like getting ripped apart by 10 squirrels who, thanks to their masters blood, are stronger than the average human and have teeth that inflict devastating supernatural wounds) that he threatened the Masquerade (more than the usual Malkavian, which is saying something).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:05 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Batvamp!

Vampire squirrels!

That's hilarious!
Heh, I can already imagine Lawanda's reaction when she reads this!
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:40 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda

VAMPIRE NINJA SQUIRRELS!!! =D

Lawanda jumps up and down!

I must have those for my new henchmen!
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:40 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Uh oh, you've created a monster, Xen.
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:53 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Heh. You should have seen the look on my players faces when they realized that the mysterious holes blown clear through criminals they were finding all over the city where being caused by power-diving supernaturally strong bats with no greater point to life than to serve their demented master.

Or when they found a Ventrue mob boss, most of the muscle and flesh stripped from his vampirically strong and resilient body, crawling from a warehouse in his tattered Armani suit mumbling something about "the eyes... the eyes... the chittering....".

Seems he'd had a run in with 50 squirrels who, after smashing open a barred steel fire door, proceeded to tear the entire drug trade meeting to pieces... squirrels taking hits from tommy guns, rolling three times, then leaping hissing at their attackers' throat....

Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:43 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next