SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Is there anyway to post more hints?
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:22 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It can be done, although it's not exactly a simple process. What sort of thing would you like to add?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:59 am
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Specifically? Add more tips for combat and such. Like Find a good corner for hard combat fights, more places to get really good XP. IW has a whole list of useful hints right here. You might want to include some, I honestly don't know.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000146;p=1
The giant Tip thread
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:21 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster
Specifically? Add more tips for combat and such. Like Find a good corner for hard combat fights......

One good thing about Wizardry8 is that once your characters acquire certain spells or instruments which mends your teams need at critical moments in battle, it doesn't matter too much if you're in a corner or not. Still, having 3 fighters spread out around the clock, with a lonely bard taking up the rear, and a few magicians in the center, is my favorite way to travel out into the open fields of the Swamps.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:22 am
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ah, so you don't mind characters that are spread out in your party. I prefer the "dishing out death" method where my main tanks are up front and clobber the enemy.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:51 am
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Ah, so you don't mind characters that are spread out in your party. I prefer the "dishing out death" method where my main tanks are up front and clobber the enemy.

Yeah, sometimes I rotate my teammates out of standard formation to focus on the few remaining. But I'm kind of lazy about doing that, given the frequency of battles, so I equip my fighters with spears so that they can hit most anything around the clock (But damn, I really wish there was a quick set formation list so all I had to do was holler a command like "WEDGE LEFT FLANK!" or "SINGLE COLUMN!" or maybe even "ROTATE 6 o'clock!")
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:52 am
SecretMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by John373
quote:

Yeah, sometimes I rotate my teammates out of standard formation to focus on the few remaining. But I'm kind of lazy about doing that, given the frequency of battles, so I equip my fighters with spears so that they can hit most anything around the clock (But damn, I really wish there was a quick set formation list so all I had to do was holler a command like "WEDGE LEFT FLANK!" or "SINGLE COLUMN!" or maybe even "ROTATE 6 o'clock!")

Lol, now that would be great wouldn't it. Or maybe some commands like "throw the idiot who is unconscious so the rapax berserker doesn't kill him!" Seriously though, there should be an option to make one of your characters move an unconscious character.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:14 pm
Sonicus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Very funny

hey it's been a while but those lasts few posts were very funny...
for the record though i'm a af rotc airman
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:17 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2