Usergroups
GII English version official release date: Q 2/2003
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Denmark rules more than any other country in the entire world ... welcome to RPGdot bretheren !!! Im getting tired of waiting for Gothic 2 so count me in for the assault !!!
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:43 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Why won't they just allow us to order the english version directly from germany if its ready..they would get money and we fans who can't wait it to arrive on local shops would get the game allready and stop whining
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:03 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

because if gotic fans buy it that way then shops here will not stock it, since all the fans already have copies...
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:35 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Can anybody confirm that the English version is for sale in Denmark? Does anybody know somebody who has it and can take some boxshots?
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:32 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
because if gotic fans buy it that way then shops here will not stock it, since all the fans already have copies...

So what?

Besides we are talking about the most passionate fans here.The most fans and gamers would nevertheless wait the game to arrive localshops even if its possible to order it directly..
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:53 pm
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Can anybody confirm that the English version is for sale in Denmark? Does anybody know somebody who has it and can take some boxshots?

None so far. But I'll try and call Betafon (the company) tomorrow and hear about it (if I can remember to do that )
If it's true, then I'll order a copy and take a nice little box-pic of it.. Hehe.

-Kaese
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:24 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Der Kaese
quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

None so far. But I'll try and call Betafon (the company) tomorrow and hear about it (if I can remember to do that )
If it's true, then I'll order a copy and take a nice little box-pic of it.. Hehe.

-Kaese

You lucky bastard!
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:28 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey Gorath !!! I went to a store even this day but there werent any Gothic 2 so i dont think there are any english versions here yet ... unless ya mean the first Gothic !!!
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:25 pm
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well, according to that site, it's only Betafon that has some imported copies of it. No other store, yet.

-Kaese
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:30 pm
Superluemmel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, a trustworthy (At least till now) importer in Munich says that the english version is about to arrive on May the 16th.
This guy also had the german version some days earlier than the other shops.
If yer lucky, he will be right again....
Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:51 pm
SomeWeirdO
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
From www.rollespilcentralen.dk :

Gothic 2 i Betafon!
Dato 04-04-2003 10:16:18
Måske allerede på mandag har Betafon importeret den engelsk-sprogede release af Gothic 2! Skynd dig at blive skrevet op, da der ikke er uendeligt mange!

Du kan ringe til Betafon på tlf. 33 14 12 33 eller selv besøge butikken på Gyldenløvesgade 2 i København.

Prisen for importen er 100 kroner mere end et almindeligt spil, altså 499,-

Det er stadig uvist om spillet overhovedet bliver udgivet i Danmark, så vi siger mange tak til Betafon for at hente det hjem!

First of all it doesn't say that they have imported 100 games. It says that they will probably import an unknown amount and the price will be 100kr more than usual. thus 20% more than everyone else will pay for the game. it doesn't say enything about they have the game just that they will get it...
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:58 pm
knaseren
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

some bad news.....again

www.rollespilcentralen.dk says:

Gothic 2 forsinket IGEN!
Dato 11-04-2003 10:45:59
Sorte nyheder til alle dem der håbede at kunne spille her i weekenden.

Efter at spillet blev lovet i slutningen af sidste uge, har JoWooD endnu engang udsat udgivelsen af Gothic 2 til d. 5/5.

----- i try to translate ------
gothic 2 delayed again !
bad news for all who wanted to play the game this weekend.
jowood promised to release gothic2 last week have delayed the game till 5.may
------
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:04 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What was it they wrote about the maybe not released in DK ??? I dont believe in that since it might become 1 of the best selling games DK will ever see ... So to be honest i dont think theres anything to be worried about !!!
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:58 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

In the grand scheme of things I don't think fans like us are on Jowood's radar. By "us" I mean hardcore RPG fans. The kind that actually post to message boards regularly and visit sites like our great RpgDot. We are a minority and to them, a guaranteed sale. Furthermore, the fact that were a guaranteed sale isn't significant to them because there aren't enough of us to really make a difference in their bottom line (I am guessing). They'd rather spend their time on figuring out how to distribute/market the game so that those casual perhaps semi-interested game buyers can get access to the title.

I mean they *know* that no matter how angry we get that the game is going to come out eventually. And eventually most of us will buy it, start having fun, and forget about their botch job with the release. (at least *this* time).

Do you think that all the people who bought Gothic 2 in Germany were hardcore fans like us? I doubt that could be the case due to the sheer number of copies it sold. I think perhaps because of the hometown connection, Gothic may be more "known" in Germany and that was a factor.

I see the same thing happen with certain Jazz releases on CDs. In America, jazz fans are in the minorty (this is a shameful irony being that the music was created here). But in Japan the market is MUCH larger and so companies with big Jazz catalogs like Sony and Blue Note will release lots of stuff in Japan that never gets done over here. Even though there is a STRONG and loyal American jazz fanbase, its not large enough to justify the cost of printing, distribution, etc.

Of course, the difference is that I can always buy Japan CDs from importers and music is a universal language. In Gothic 2's case, I don't know German and even if I did, can't find an importer for the title.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:26 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hmm ... i heard that the next date of Gothic 2 release is may the 16th but it aint for sure ...
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:50 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next