View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
Dialogue
Mountain King
Mountain King

New Moderator

Hello to one and all.

My name is Dialogue, and I'll be moderating the World of WarCraft board here on RPGDot. I note that participation is somewhat low at the moment, and I'm going to do my best to change that.

First, I'm going to see if we can't get some WoW avatars on the board, so that those of us crazy about Blizzard's new game can have options along those lines.

Second, each monday I'm going to start a thread specifically about one aspect of the game. It may be a race, a class, or a location within the game. I'll include all the information I can find about the game aspect, and hopefully we can get some good conversations going.

With the Beta coming soon, and commercial release early next year, I hope that the World of WarCraft board here on RPGDot will be an excellent venue for you all to discuss this fascinating game.
Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:53 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Looking forward to it!

WoW looks magnificent on the graphical side, and it looks like it certainly will be fun for some time. But it looks like a bit too little innovation to become the everlasting ultimate MMORPG experience for me.
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:59 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

It will be for me, as i am a warcraft fanatic.
The thing i am also looking forward to is a warcraft 4. Then they should update the WoW world to... <--- dont know if warcraft 4 is in Blizzards plans. so dont quote me.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:11 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Dear Dialogue,
I must say that you are very optimistik. Although U hope that the beta starts by the end of the year, I must say that I certainly doubt that. I think that it is much more likely that the game goes for a summer to november release in 2004 in the optimistik variant, and for a summer release in 2005 in the more realistic view.
I think in this way so that in any other case I' d be pleasantly surprised, rather than dissappointed, as World of WarCraft doesn't even have an announced release date.
Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:47 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Summer 2005 is extremly un-realistic. As they have already mentioned expansions and such. Also the beta testing has been announced. not announced a date but they are assuring that it will be soon. e.g. this year.
I doubt that they would release the game almost 2 years after beta testing. unless there are alot of major problems in the build.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:35 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I say summer 2005, mainly, cause I don|t belive that the beta will be less than half a year, and I don't believe it will be starting before january.
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:43 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

@ dial.
Have you got some plan up your sleave to living up the WoW forum because it only seems to be me and lady Arma speaking in here.
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:14 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I also think that it is about time that our new moderator does something about the forum!
Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:47 pm
Dialogue
Mountain King
Mountain King

I concur as well! String him up!

What would you like me to do? I'm preparing my "thing to talk about" mini-article for the forum for next monday, if that's what you're mentioning. I'm going to try to make sure that the WoW forum gets mentioned sometime soon on MMORPGDot so that more people will know it exists.

Until the WoW beta comes out, we're not going to have a heck of a lot to talk about, but I'm going to try to give you folks something to gnaw on. Just give me a little time.

Thanks. (btw: WoW Avatars should be coming early next week as well.)
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:19 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

great dial

not that i dont like talking to lady, but i would like more opinions you know.
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:30 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Dear ziBzi, at least we agree on some point - we want more people here, not only you, and me, our lovely moderator (great new avatar, although I tend to hate dwarves) and more rarely - magofFire ...
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:24 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The finnished release of World of Warcraft probably won't be until sometime in Q1/Q2 of 2006. There is no official release date. MMOGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Games) take a very long time to fully develop. It would be statistically uncommon for Blizzard (especially with this being their first MMOG), to release within such a short period of time. It is almost inevitable that they will have many set-backs before WoW's final release.

The good news is that Blizzard has a plentiful source of funding. Therefore, they probably won't abandon their project. And with every set-back, there will likely come a greater improvement; the more development set-backs, the better the final product.

Despite the likely delays, I look forward to seeing you all in the beta!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:41 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

2006?! I'm sure it will be out long before then. Its been in development for quite a while (i think they started before War3 was even done...) as far as i know, so another 2 years would be ridiculously long.

I'm not saying it cant be true but i would give it a year, at most, after beta starts.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:07 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

It is almost 2004. If my prediction is accurate, it would be closer to one year than two. The majority of development set-backs don't usually start until the alpha and beta stages begin.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:47 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Dialogue
Until the WoW beta comes out, we're not going to have a heck of a lot to talk about

Actually, those participating in the beta will be required to sign a mandatory NDA (nondisclosure agreement), which essentially means that there won't be much to talk about. Sharing information about the game or any experiences one had while playing the game is a direct violation of that legal contract.

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:49 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next