Usergroups
beyond divinity demo impressions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
kiya
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I order to change combat script => right click on portrait icon, please.
Kiya
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:14 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Oh dear, no wonder they are so pathetic. Well, when people don't buy the game because of the lousy voices, maybe they'll learn their lesson. Get professionals to do a professional job!! Heck, even decent amatures would be heaps better. Other than the voices, I think it's going to be good.

I wouldn't put off buying the game because of bad acting. Not if the quests and the rest of the game were good.

But I am now having a sinking feeling about my near RPG future. I was looking forward to BD and Sacred to fill the RPG void in the market now. However "mighty stamar" warns of arcade sequences! Arrrrrgh. I'm not going to go buy myself a stroke knowingly.

I hope to read all your reviews here as soon as the games come out. I no longer intend to be first on line.

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:22 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
There have been talking about that it's difficult to hit the enemies with the mouse button in BD, I don't know if that's what you mean. I personally think it's much easier to simply press CTRL and the I can press all over the screen and I will attack it that way. But that's me.

Hmmm. I was putting that down to my bad hand/eye co-ordiantion. I had forgotten how to do the fighting from DD. It just seemed to be a royal pain in the demo. It also seemed hard to keep both characters engaged at the same time. My main character would get killed while the dark knight was lally gaggling around the dungeon miles away.

Another thing I've forgotten - was there a quick save in DD? I had to go through menu options to save in the demo, but that might be expected. Hope there's a quick save key in the actual game.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

There is a quick save in the demo, same as in DD ctrl +S from memory.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:29 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

There's quick save in both DD and BD, the key shows in the control settings and you can edit it if you want.

quote:
It also seemed hard to keep both characters engaged at the same time. My main character would get killed while the dark knight was lally gaggling around the dungeon miles away.

Press "select all" under the portraits to walk with both in the same time.

Btw people: Maybe you all know of it already, as you remember you could move the automap in DD just draging it. In BD you have to drag in the ends of the automap to move it, if you press anywhere on the map in BD your characters will go to the point you marked on the map, nice function for long walks
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:13 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel

Press "select all" under the portraits to walk with both in the same time.

Btw people: Maybe you all know of it already, as you remember you could move the automap in DD just draging it. In BD you have to drag in the ends of the automap to move it, if you press anywhere on the map in BD your characters will go to the point you marked on the map, nice function for long walks

I was using "select all" but it seemed the game would forget I had it on after every fight when I'd loot the dead. I'm sure I'll get used to it when the game does come out.

Thanks for the hint about using the map for navigation. That's good.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:51 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Maybe it got something to do with running. Sometimes when you start running only the first selected character before hitting 'select all' will run, and the second will keep walking. If this happens just stop and hold till both have stopped and then run again and they both will run.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:14 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
I've just dropped by the Larian Boards to offer my thoughts there on the voice acting!! Seems a few others agree with me.

And they are listening. A friend got an e-mail from Larian today that BD will be delayed until the end of April so they can redo the English voice acting!

Good on ya, mate.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:48 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Good news!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:58 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yep 30th April 2004 seems to be "D" day

See Here :- http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10341&mid=322794
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:50 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
Yep 30th April 2004 seems to be "D" day

See Here :- http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10341&mid=322794

Ohh, you get the novela with it. I need that! But I hate using paypal, and don't yet have a credit card usable online
Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:50 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I don't use the pay cards,

Theres a game store just down the road from me, I walk in, pay cash, call in the local bar for a couple of beer's then back home, cool eh'
Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:28 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3