!!! ULTIMATE Insert Code List !!! - Readded links
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
linkitch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

!!! ULTIMATE Insert Code List !!! - Readded links

Finally... after endless hours of tirresome work, i've completed my Gothic 2, insert code list...

There might be errors in the list, but bare with me i've been working on this list for over 1 month... but if you do find any errors please post them here...

Still haven't found a way of getting the list directly into this Thread, so you now have two options on how to get the list.

PS. Im going on vacation later today, so it won't be possible to reach me in any way... but i'll be back in 2 weeks time...

EDIT:
Links readded, now with credits to the org. author.

Word Document (1,74 MB)
http://www.wiruz.dk/gothic2.doc

HTML Page (2,35 MB)
http://www.wiruz.dk/gothic2.htm

Last edited by linkitch on Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:37 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

linkitch,

I had to take your links down. Maybe we can put them back on but we have to talk about this first.

First of all, the list is excellent. Most of the translation is correct, the layout is nice, the stats useful. BUT I recognized it immediately because I happen to know the original author!
As I see it you copied the complete list from a German site, used an auto-translator, cleaned the translation and repaired the layout. Then you entered all the codes in the console and got stats for everything.
The list as it is now looks great, but nevertheless you cannot simply use other people´s work, add something to it and claim it´s your own! What you did is called 'plagiarism'.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:19 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Give them credit where credit is due but put the list back up. Not like he is making a profit or anything
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:35 am
godz^
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ffs Gorath give back the LINK to it i want the list don ruin it for me :DDD
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:33 pm
linkitch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sorry guys, I sent 2 PM's to Gorath, and he hasen't replied me yet, so unfortunatly that means that the list won't come up for at least two weeks, since im going on my vacation i about 30 min....

Sorry guys, but I tried, so see you in 2 weeks...
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:34 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
linkitch,

As I see it you copied the complete list from a German site, used an auto-translator, cleaned the translation and repaired the layout. Then you entered all the codes in the console and got stats for everything.
The list as it is now looks great.

That sounds like alot of work to me Gorath, enough to even make it his OWN work, but that's immaterial. This is info for a friggin GAME for god sake, it's not some literary masterpiece, worthy of the utmost protection

BTW, where did your "friend" get his info? Did the insert codes just come to him in a dream?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:19 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

For crying out loud gorath give a guy a break from that copyright crap of yours.I think its nice to see someone doing something for us english gothic gamers..How hard would it be to put some cheatcodes to net.I don't think orginal author wouldn't mind gettin his list translated english with proper credits here, so more people would be able to have fun.I could understand your actions if he would have copied a detailed walkthrough but this sounds just stupid
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:56 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Kids, might I suggest canning the hysterics? I fully understand Gorath's reasoning and I support it as well. Your whining won't change it until linkitch gives credit where it is due.
quote:
Originally posted by linkitch
Finally... after endless hours of tirresome work, i've completed my Gothic 2, insert code list...

If I were the original author and I heard this after recieving no credit for my work, then I'd be pissed.
The original author probably spent a ton of time typing in combinations into the console to see what he could find.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:10 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I agree with Val. The least that linkitch could have done is mail the person that wrote that thing originally, ask if he allows it to be translated (and I am sure he would have allowed it) and put some kind of credit in that list. Or how would you like for example writing a faq and then see it translated into another language without even receiving at least some mention that you did all the work to find out what is written in that faq? I am sure you wouldn't like that either.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:27 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

well i allready found that list, so no need for those links anymore:).I don't think that info anywhere near anyone's property expect pb's.I even got many different links leading to similar list on different webpages.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:13 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:51 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Thanks Ariakas.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:06 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here is the original German link of a insert cheat link I found online a post on the gothic.de (world of gothic) forum. It is in German. I guess it is OK to look at this (after all, it is a public post for all to see?); I do not know if this is complete, but it is a partial list anyway:

http://195.127.202.12/index_cheats.php#insert

I would like to redo the list into english and put into text printer freindly (saves paper) to print it out effeciently. That still is alot of work.

@Ariakas
I see the list in excel and that is good. The weapons are translated but is not the Rapier and the Master Sword a DEX req rather than STR? Maybe a small note to indicate which weapons are DEX based melee for those who are starting out as ranger types, high DEX for bow and thief skills to start character. Prety good THX.
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:57 pm
linkitch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay just gotten home from my vacation and what do I find, 12 replies and no new replies from Gorath, not even a PM... Hey Gorath are you on vacation now ???

Well it's always been my intention to give the org. author credits, but I seriously don't know who the org. author is... the link "Xerxes712" posted was the list where I took the insert codes, but now I find that the link dosen't even work anymore... so it's a bit of a dilema...

If anyone know the org. authors name or alias, then would you mind posting it here, so that the list can finally be published... ?
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:09 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Just use this site (www.gamewinners.com) they have the full list...
http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/blgothic2.htm

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:41 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next