Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Every castle must have a secret exit....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
NeVeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

....and the one in Old Camp has one too.

I'm playing the game for the second time and I got really interested in the area to the right of the Ore Baron's building. Right after the group of guards there's an entrance to the cellar. It's hard to notice, because it's lower than than the main ground level. I saw it during the first time in the game but as it is locked I did not return to it.....

I had to use the marvin mode to get through. Inside there's Blood Sword that does 84 (if i'm not mistaken) of damage. Obtaining this thing during the second chapter immeduately makes you a SNAPPER-KILLER . Most other creatures die after one hit too.

The coolest thing though is that if you continue to go through this cellar you will find an exit from the castle, in the Trading Area.

I've been in this forum for quite a while but I haven't seen any posts about this area before, so I think this would be interesting.

If anyone knows how to get into the cellar without the cheat code - let me know.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:12 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

In 6th chapter:
if you use teleport to firemages rune and kill all what is moving in OC, you obtain several keys, one of them is key to this door (another is to chests in Gomezes second throne room)...
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:17 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, in the later chapter you can come back and kill Gomez and his gang. As a matter of fact if you want great armor you should come back. KIll Gomez (if you are strong enough) and take his keys. They will open all the doors. The basement, his chest in the bedroom and dungeon. He locked away one of your friends in the dungeon.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:31 am
NeVeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

when I finshed the game for the first time (joined the sect camp at that time) I did go there to kick some ass.
I did kill everyone but I couldn't even get the armour of Gomez, only a sword.
I did get the key...

Anyway, going to the cellar at the end of the game is useless. By that time you have Uritziel or at least the Troll Fist.

I have to say that the sword of Gomez is very powerful though.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:10 pm

Since Uriziel doesn't add your strength to damage, Innoc's Rage is technically the most powerful sword in the game against conventional foes...
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:33 pm

wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Revenge Steel beats Blood Blade, and you can get it pretty easily if you use my "slip through the gate" trick in the Tips forum. It's the thread called "Ridiculously cheap, petty, useful trick."
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:41 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

So WTF - I came back in chapter 6 using the tele rune and killed everyone in the OC. I got the two keys off of Gomez, the one that does chests worked. But the one that was supposed to get me into the Cellar didn't. I walk up to the door, go to use it and it is the same as it was in earlier chapters when I delivered the not to the fire mages. Is it a bug?

Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:52 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I took Gomez' keys but there is one door...the one in the armory, not by Stone, on the other side, next to the guy that sells equipment for the guards...

there is a door there that looks like it goes into a very small room or downstairs, because when you look on the other side of the door, there is like nothing there...
no key opens it and I wont cheat to get on the other side...anyone been in there?
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:07 pm

You don't get Gomez's armor. You get better armor there if you do a certain quest.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:18 pm

unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Is there a secret way to get inside the Ore Baron's cellar without using the Melvin cheat?

I don't know what is meant by teleporting into the fire mages and killing all of them.. do you mean that the key is inside the fire mages dwelling and you just have to kill them?

Also, anything special in Cor Kolam's chest? (i think that's his name-- the Brotherhood alchemist dude). One chest contains the recipe, the other contains ??? It wont let me pick the lock... how do i get inside?
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:41 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Unconst...you're last two questions will be answered in time. No need to have them spoiled here.
As for the 1st question, I'll have an answer for you tomorrow, my saved game is about to take me to the answer when I get home tonight
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:52 pm