RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Video/Performance Problems
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Jawsnapper
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yes, thank the lord i was able to fix the last problem.

specs:
Compaq Presario computer
21.7GB free C:Drive space
Windows ME
Soundblaster live

my sound and vidio cards are very compatable and i've already defragmented, run ScanDisk and reinstalled several times. By "stalling" i mean that it pauses and goes and pauses and goes...etc. This "stalling" never stops until i stand completely still an do absolutly nothing. I noticed that the problem isn't that bad until i get passed the place where the skeleton is hanging from the tree at the very beginning of the game. It's useless to even try to play the game anymore after that point because the problem is so bad. It seems that maybe a patch is the only solver of the problem maybe.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:02 am

PROBLEM > WINDOWS ME

If youre playing 3d games. DONT USE WIN ME!! It sucks in 3d applications.
Reinstall WIN 98 or use WIN XP (Should work better than ME anyway but WIN 98 is fairly the best system for gameplaying)
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:22 pm

LMNtal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know most of you already know this, but if you are getting stuttering video and sound you should check and make sure your video and sound card are not sharing the same IRQ..thats the only thing i can think of that has not been stated yet...hope it helps.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:51 am

My system:
AMD 1.4Ghz
256MB RAM
Voodoo5 (Iceman or something modded driver, needed to get game to start)
built in Sound (blah VIA) (not sharing IRQs)
Winblows 98 SE

And I hit this stuttering things often. I'll be playing fine for a while, like 2 minutes, then the game will freeze......................then I can carry on. Gets very annoying. also, the FMV is like watching a slide show. Chunk..... Chunk.... Chunk....
Any ideas?
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:04 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1493&forum=13
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1503&forum=13
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:27 pm

Yeah Gothic is majorly messed up on XP also. I have a very high-end system and it runs very choppy on it. I laughed because much more demanding games like MOH:AA and RTCW run awesome on my system. Gothic definitely needs a patch. I returned it and I am not going to even think about buying it again until Piranha Bytes gets their act together and releases a good XP patch. Gothic was a major dissapointment for me.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2