3 bandits at Lighthouse
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Boskma2
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

3 bandits at Lighthouse

And again I seem to be in need of help. How can I kill the 3 bandits at the lighthouse? No matter what I try (and after a few hours of trying u get fed up) they either gangbang me or slice me to pieces with their swords or arrows.. I seem unable to even handle one of them while shadowbeasts are no problem at all.. Is there a good way to take care of these creeps?
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:48 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You might want to get some better armor or an amulet that can protect against their arrow damage. Then pick them off from a distance.

Worked in the original.
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:03 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well i went behind the lighhouse and pretty much lured them into melee combat (you can do it so that you only have to take on one at a time)
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:32 pm
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't see how you can take a shadowbeast but not these dudes with swords. But I'll give you a hint anyhow.

When you're facing the Lighthouse, there's a ruined little shack on the left. Go behind it and you'll be safe from arrows. Now, you're gonna want to move over to your right and towards the lighthouse, using strafe. Here's a little diagram:

.................LLLLLL.....................
.....................||......................
..............SSS..||.....B...............
..............SSS..||......................
................A....||.....................
......................||....................
.......................||....................

Ok, the L is the lighthouse, the S is the shack, the || is the path, and A is where you move to B from. You'll be far enough away that their arrows will miss you as you run to B, and by the time you get to B they should have switched to swords. The first time I did this only the two outer bandits came, but the next time I tried it the dude from inside came running out too.

You also don't want to forget about scrolls. Dunno what class you are, but you'll most likely have a really good scroll tucked away (unless you've sold it) like Large fireball or Ball Lightning. if you do, go ahead and get em to wield swords using my diagram, and then run away...when they sheath their swords, turn around and blast one.

Sorry for the periods but it didn't work when I used spaces
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:46 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Being a mage, I used spells and they were easy. Mages rule!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:16 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

I also have the same problem with the lighthouse as well. I am guildless and I guess that make thing harder too. I have posted that question somewhere else on the board and a few members informed me that it is a difficult quest.

I took a peek at the walkthru and it was a quest listed almost towards the end of chapt. 1. Eventho I got the quest very early of the chapter.

Thks, Jabberwhakky for the map details It looked very helpful and I will try that quest again based on your map
Yes...I do believe being a mage is an advantage. The spells are more powerful and accurate that weapons. Only thing you may have to run a lot

Earlier..I met a couple of tough bandits in various locations as well......and since there are always at least three of them...I have to use a combination of scrolls and melee attack. it seems a waste of precious scrolls but it makes life much easier

it seems I can't lure them out 1 by 1. Its always 2 of them that come after my head.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:06 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

if you wait killing the bandits on the way to xardas (that you meat at the beginning) and you will get the mission from the judge to kill some fugetives... there wil be 6 of them
oen is sleepin', i killed him with a bow and he was still lying on the bed
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:17 am
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: 3 bandits at Lighthouse

quote:
Originally posted by Boskma2
And again I seem to be in need of help. How can I kill the 3 bandits at the lighthouse? No matter what I try (and after a few hours of trying u get fed up) they either gangbang me or slice me to pieces with their swords or arrows.. I seem unable to even handle one of them while shadowbeasts are no problem at all.. Is there a good way to take care of these creeps?

1) move toward the bandits using the environment (trees, fences, etc) as shield against their arrows

2) once close enough, the nearest bandit will switch to melee weapons and will charge

3) run back to the city gate, making sure the bandit is still pursuing you -- it helps expanding FOW with the mouse wheel --, the trick is to stop running for just a second from time to time

4) once reached the city gate, the guards will dispatch the bandit. You can either watch or help them, as you like.

5) repeat step 1 until all bandits are history

Saruman
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:56 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i killed them ones, but didn't saved it...
after that i never did it again, maybe i'll do it tomorrow...
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:03 pm