A very good sword! **WARNING: SPOILER**
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ryberg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A very good sword! **WARNING: SPOILER**

I wanted to get some lvl'ups so i started wandering aroung Khorinis, and at one I found a large kinda Inka temple, so of course, i went up ind it, on there top there was a chest, and in that chest was a sword called the Orc Slayer, a 65Dmg 1-handed sword, and this is how you get it:

Go to the spot which is marked with RED.

BEWARE: Close to the temple is a Troll and a Magic Golem! On the path to the temple you will find nothing but lurkers and wolves though.

Find the chest at the top, and use this code: D A A D D D.

You should now have a 1500 worth, 65Dmg 1-handed sword called "Orc Slayer"

Good luck finding it

- Ryberg

Last edited by Ryberg on Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:20 am
Kentamanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There's also a cave around there you might want to check out.

BTW, this location is on an "Old Map" you can buy from the map merchant.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:43 am
Ryberg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What do you mean by its an old map? Where can I get a new one?
I think i went into that cave, I found nothing but Goblins, a few chests and one chest that i couldt open, i kept trying, and the code seems to be very long: AADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADD etc. At last I gave up, it seems unbreakable.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:27 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yes, the sword is on top of the highest maya style pyramid. Nearby there, in the cave, is also a very good ring you do NOT want to miss

Also, there's one handy sword for the dexterous people near Onar's farm. Go down where Grom is and past him is a small clearing in valley, where are 2 trolls. You can kill them, or you can run past them, your choice. Get a potion of speed, just in case.. Anyway, there in the valley, next to one rock, is a skeleton and also a bow, potions, scroll and a good weapon - rapier. 50 damage, requires 50 dex.

Of course, the guy fights with that weapon as if it was a slashing weapon, while it should be fencing weapon But that's just the visual issue.. In any case, the weapon is good.

Also, not very far from this Orc Slayer sword, are additional 2 good weapons: ole good Torturer's Axe (65/65, 1H)) and Dragon Slicer (80/80, 2H), although you can be sure that neither one of them will be just handed over to you, you will have to work hard for each
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:39 am
Kentamanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Ryberg
What do you mean by its an old map? Where can I get a new one?
I think i went into that cave, I found nothing but Goblins, a few chests and one chest that i couldt open, i kept trying, and the code seems to be very long: AADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADDAAADD etc. At last I gave up, it seems unbreakable.

I'm not saying your map is old. I'm saying the map vendor at some point will have an item called "An Old Map" that is like your normal in game map, but it looks more hand drawn and it has this area marked in red.

As far as a chest with a combo that long, I've only seen one chest with anything near that long, and it's in the thieves guild area. It had a combo that was 20 moves long.

Like Whailor said, there's a ring in that cave near there that you definitely want to find.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:48 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Whailor, could you pls. give me some more tips on finding that Ole Good Torturers Axe? Is it really 1h ? (that would be nice)
Thanks in advance.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:58 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Egin, the torturer's axe is at the back of the black troll's cave.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:52 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Open your map, you will see a black creature on the north corner. It's "Black Troll" and there is Torturer's Axe near it.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:56 pm
happysky9396
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

where exactly is the Dragon Slicer?thanks.
also , starting from 30% in 2-h sword, (fighter)it costs 2 pts for each 1% right???
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:27 am
Kentamanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There are three brackets for weapon skills

0 - 29
30 - 59
60+

Your one handed and two handed will cost 1LP a percent if both are in the same bracket. For instance, if 1H is 10 (starting value) and 2H is 30, then until you get 1H to 30 (same bracket) 2H training will cost 2x as much (but it actually raises 1H and 2H I think).

Same thing happens for bow and x-bow.

Hope that makes sense, and I didn't confuse you more
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:31 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by happysky9396
where exactly is the Dragon Slicer?thanks.
also , starting from 30% in 2-h sword, (fighter)it costs 2 pts for each 1% right???

If I remember rightly there was one teacher where you could raise your skill in only one style without learning the other with it and also paying only 1 LP for 1 %, therefore. It was the one training at Onar's farm, although I don't know if it still works in 1.30 or 1.31 since when I did it, it was with the 1.28 version of the game.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:58 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Guy i found the Orc Slayer but not in the piramid because i ran out of lockpicks but i bought it in the castle i think and i beat alot of orcs and i think it was the swamp and ice dragon too. lol
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:59 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I bougth it becuse it looked like Tegsaiga (well thats how you read it) From InuYasha in Cartoon Network.. and i liked Orc Slayer right away.. from the moment i saw it...
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:06 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Please, don't double-post. There's an edit button.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:38 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank you for information on that axe.

About that ring: to be precise it is not in the cave, it is in another maya pyramid (in the smaller one), in the chest and it has +10 fire res.

I payed a visit to the cave also. Goblins, minecrawlers and ... the funniest thing happends after I finally got to the deepest part of that cave and picked up nice mace (45/45) from the chest.
Next moment I was running like hell from this cave .
Damn it was scary and funny.
Will I be able to kill those stone creatures with that mace? I think my sword was doing 0 dmg to them.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:12 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next