View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ekim

Have you tested being poisoned or diseased in MP with DM involved with patch 1.21? We found a major bug where the poisoned player would make the whole server crash when the save re-roll occured... Not very pretty. Otherwise I didn't have any problems with SP, or with MP without a DM. Still, 1.21 gave us more problems than we had before with 1.19, hence I reverted to that version.

Patch 1.22 is in BETA now. Here's to hoping it's a little better

I got poisoned last night when fighting some spiders. I'm pretty sure that there was a DM around and when I rested and did the secondary check, nothing bad happened. That server is the most stable one I've seen this far, the people running it have years of experience with these things so it might be just a case of careful setup of the server.

Unfortunately the 1.22 patch will not fix the IC-bug, which is (from my point of view) the biggest problem with NWN. With that fixed, NWN will reach it's full potential. I don't know about the features in 1.22, aside from the lack of ICB-fix, but atleast some servers have adviced not to upgrade to 1.22, atleast not yet. Ofcourse it's still a beta, so maybe the final version is stable. I hope ICB-fix will be in 1.23....

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:10 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by mDrop
... Unfortunately the 1.22 patch will not fix the IC-bug, which is (from my point of view) the biggest problem with NWN. With that fixed, NWN will reach it's full potential. I don't know about the features in 1.22, aside from the lack of ICB-fix, but atleast some servers have adviced not to upgrade to 1.22, atleast not yet. Ofcourse it's still a beta, so maybe the final version is stable. I hope ICB-fix will be in 1.23....

I hate to sound so out of it, but what is the IC-bug?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

That makes two of us Lintra ... I have no clue!
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:07 pm
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe, ICB = Invalid Character Bug. The bug can be found on every persistent server with server vault characters. It causes two things: new character cannot be created and old characters do not show up. It has something to do with the number of logins the server has had. It happens approximately one hour after the server has been put up and the only way to solve it is to reboot the server. Because of this bug many servers use scripts that reboot the server every hour.

Bioware has managed to narrow down the part of the server code that is causing the problem and some of the community guys said previously that it should be in the 1.22 patch. They were wrong, though. It will probably be in the next patch. I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware would release a patch with only this fixed, as the bug is slowing down the development of persistent worlds and otherwise annoying a large crowd of the NWN-gamers.

I'm so used to bitching about ICB in the NWN chats and in servers suffering from it that I'm automaticly assuming that everyone know about it

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:13 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by mDrop
I'm so used to bitching about ICB in the NWN chats and in servers suffering from it that I'm automaticly assuming that everyone know about it

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of such a bug!

We don't play with server vaulted chars, we play with local chars, so we never experienced that. Plus I haven't played on a persistent server as of yet...
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:51 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3