Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm heading towards the end-game and have a few questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I'm heading towards the end-game and have a few questions.

1. How exactly are the number of attacks per round calculated?

My rogue has 100 speed and 100 dex and I gave him a bracer than increased one by 20 (I think it was speed) and he went up from 2/2(attacks/swings) + 2/2(offhand) to 2/3 + 2/3. Is it possible to go to 3/3 + 3/3? (!!!!)

2. Does increasing all stats over 100 help?

I see notable improvement from increasing strength/vitality/speed/dex but what about int? (haven't tried piety). On my mage wearing the helm of brillance (+20 int) I couldn't notice any effect.

3. Resistances over 100.

I have a suspicion it makes a difference but not sure

4. Do greyed out expert skills still provide the benefit?

My ranger has 90 ish senses but is not to 100 yet, however has the eagle eye bow (+20?? eagle eye skill) and a heml or cloak that increses it too. Does my ranger get the benefit or not?
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:12 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

We've got a couple "technicians" here that probably have tested to determine the game's "formulas" for some of your questions. I'm not one of them, so I'll just go off of my experience.

1) Speed is key. Dex, combat skills, and weapon type also seem to figure in. A monk with unarmed can get 3+3 attacks per round pretty quickly. I've never seen more than 2 swings per round with a polearm.

2) By the time you can pump stats over 100, it probably doesn't matter much. Getting to 100 to open up the expert skills is important, but beyond that isn't terribly critical. There IS a difference for having a stat above 100, but it can be hard to see at that point.

3) Resistances over 100 are good. When comparing your resistance to a critter's attack, everything counts.

4) Greyed out skills can be used, but will never increase regardless of usage. Having the helm/cloak will give you use of eagle eye, but you probably won't notice since you won't see the skill increases to tell you you've been using the skill.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:34 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Wish I had a monk now.... 3 attacks with 3 swings....is that per hand? My samurai had 3 swings per attack in wizardry 6 but only 2 swings in wiz8 (100 speed, 100 dex)...I guess I should a katana see if I get 3 swings with that.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:43 am