SWG Creature Handlers Editorial @ GameZone
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

SWG Creature Handlers Editorial @ GameZone

GameZone have posted an <a href="http://www.gamezone.com/news/08_13_03_05_10PM.htm" target="_blank">editorial</a> on recent Creature Handler nerfs in Star Wars Galaxies.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:54 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I these so-called developers would have designed this stuff correctly in the first place this kind of nerfing crap wouldnt have to happen. Its called beta testing.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:55 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
I these so-called developers would have designed this stuff correctly in the first place this kind of nerfing crap wouldnt have to happen. Its called beta testing.

Yes it is.... But then nerfs appear in games that are even 1 year old, or even more... I'm not defending SWG because these things should be ironed out before a game launches. But you're likely to see these in even the best of MMORPGs unfortunately... As someone already said somewhere else once, players have a nasty tendency to find the power of a particular class and use it to overpower everyone else, which then shows the need for nerfs.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:11 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Yeah. And since these mmorpgs are multitudes more complex than single-player games, i mean diversity-wise, its likely to happen all the more. But still, they should have this stuff sorted out at launch, not expect paying customers to serve as their project's testbed. It makes many players angry, and it makes developers look bad, perhaps even incompetent. Im not playing SWG, but i can already understand and lament with its players about the constant cycle of change after change upon basic mechanics that it seems every single mmorpg is doomed to suffer from. They should have this stuff finished at release, not just beginning at release. Anyway, its wishful thinking on my part since no mmorpg will ever be "ready" at release, much less 6 months into the game when all sorts of social-orginating problems crop up. I dont envy LucasArts a bit in that regard.

Anyhoo, i hope you have fun guys!
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:25 pm