Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
psion? scion? what? where? He gets you into the city?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

psion? scion? what? where? He gets you into the city?

On my first time into Notr I noticed a conversation , Iam not sure with whom, and it talked about a psion gettingpeople into the city at will. I am wondering where to find him? or was I hallucinating?
My 2nd time through now and I can't find the conversation about him again :/

Thanks in advance!
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:11 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This was Lester in his small hidden valley near Xardas´ tower.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:39 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Wow. You finished NOTR already? ANd I recall you were having trouble installing just a few days ago.

No, I'm not picking at you. I"ve had marathon gaming sessions beforea and I usually totally lose all priorities when I am playing Gothic games!

But anyway, perhaps you were thinking about the conversation you had with Lester at the very beginning of the game.

If you ask him about getting into the city, he mentions that Constantino, the alchemist, allows herb gatheres to enter the city without problems. This conversation option is only there in NOTR, btw.

Now if you have already gotten into Khorinis another way, I don't know if you'll have the option of asking Lester about this again.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:42 am
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh thank you guys!

And no I didn't beat notr yet Elkston, I just restarted on Gorath's advice since I borked my character hehe

I never realized it was lester, I feel dumb now
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:54 am
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello everyone . . .

I posted here a loooong time ago, during ye good old Gothic (1) days, stopped doing it 2 years ago . . . Glad to see the community is still alive (and kicking) and I`m also waiting like the other the upcoming G3. Hopefully it will be better known in the rest of the world than its predecessors. I loved the games, still remember the soundtheme , the world , the people . . . Erm, nevermind, the memories got me, sorry for the off-topic

ON TOPIC: after more than a year of failures, I finally got hold of NOTR and installed it (after I finished G2 with all the guilds I swore i will pick it up again when I`ll buy the addon) . . . erm, kinka still off topic, sorry.
Thing is, I just started playing NOTR and I strongly remember that one of the first characters you meet tells you about a psionic (think psionics was the german term used for guru in G1 so . . . a guru) from the swamp camp that is somewhere near the city and knows of a secret entrance into Khorinis, which is located behind a waterfall ?!? (more or less accurate) .
Weird is, that it did not show up on my quest book.
Indeed, Lester tells you that he used to work for Constantino and gives you a helping hand (10 herb of one type; good tip anyway, since I gave the farmer clothes to the pirate dude near the town - hehe still used the Lighthouse "jump from the cliff - into the water -swim to harbour - get 500 EXP bid, but I exited Khorinis and also got 50 XP from saying I`m taking herbs to Constantino ) but no guru to be found.
Actually, I think I`m pretty sure right now that Cavalorn tells you this. . . yep , indeed . . . You have 2 dialogue choises when you meet him - he asks where you go and answers are:

1. into the city
2. to the VoM

if you take 1 - he tells you about the pisonic (guru) who know of a secret entrance behind the waterfall. But I couldn`t find any guru aroun the city of Khorinis and believe me, I tried to find the %$^#^#$%^# guru . Ate snapperweed, run like hell with boars`n`stuff behind me, yet no guru no matter where I went. Perhaps, it strikes me now, and those of you diehard fans like me must know (or perhaps remember) the is a waterfall in the new world, located on the left of the entrance to VoM (the one w 2 Palldins guarding it) so maybe I`ll find a guru there ? Or perhaps could it just be a poor translation issue with the mod (ya know which one - english subtitles and german language )

2. if you take 2 - he says to check out if his old hut is still there, cause he want to go back there sometimes (tried`em both, hehe, don`t wanna miss a possible new quest )

@Fifl - nope, no hallucination . . .unless we both smoked the same shute . . . anyone else want some ? . . . Is one knows/found this guy please post about it . . .
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:52 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hello Zekspir and welcome back.

Cavalorn refers to one of the old psionics from the Valley of mines. He's talking about Lester. He said that Lester can get in and out of the city as he pleases.

He then tells you that Lester in the valley under Xardas's tower and he believes that the way there is next to the waterfall.

Lester gives you the herbs mission to get into the city. And that's all they meant by that.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:51 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@muteki13 > thank you and thank you . . . so he was talking about Lester . . . well, it makes sence and saved me the trouble and pain of searching for the ellusive guru near the VoM entrance.
So I smoked some bad swampweed afterall . . . gonna kill that merchant . . .
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:21 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Haha there's no such thing as bad swampweed.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:39 pm