Usergroups
hi from the developers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Ragon the add-on is set in Khorinis, there's a simply a new part of the world added in (see the news on the main page) it isn't a continuation of gothic 2, it's an extra part to the game, with more characters, quests, weapons, spells, guilds, etc including at least 1, maybe more, BIG quests (like "get eye of Innos" or "Dragon Hunt")
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:16 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well...
ragon's post took the title of the longest, and i really hope noone tries to top that
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:49 am
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
@Ragon the add-on is set in Khorinis, there's a simply a new part of the world added in (see the news on the main page) it isn't a continuation of gothic 2, it's an extra part to the game, with more characters, quests, weapons, spells, guilds, etc including at least 1, maybe more, BIG quests (like "get eye of Innos" or "Dragon Hunt")

PHEW! As if i didnīt know?!

Ok, sorry, i take all the blame for kind of `over-readingī in Whailorīs post (not meant as `attackī, donīt mistake me ) his additional referring to the add-on as well.

But i think it should have become quite clear that my reply solely focussed on his (and otherīs similar before) G III reference!
And in this one of the "future releases" mentioned there again will be no Khorinis except perhaps in the way i described.

Smaug: You always have to test your limits!!

Ragon, the Mage
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:47 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well Gothic 3 could be something like that that u come on the main land and u do alot of quests there meet xardas again etc etc and it comes out that the sleeper(ya the one and only famous sleeper) opened the portal in mine colony again and the temple is reopened again cos the orcs builded it up again. It Would bring many memorys back again if the hero could walk on old land
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:53 am
Ragon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh No!

PLS, SPARE ME!

No insipid repetitions!!
Khorinis is over and out - thanks god. Not that it was bad, no not at all!

But at one point you just have to move forward and leave old things behind.
Iīm very confident and have trust in the PBīs ability to recreate the Gothic-Series unique look and feel also in the third installment w/out the puny move of clinging to old pigtails, as so many other `creativesī in entertainment business seem to feel an urge for currently (keyword: beating the **** out of a `franchiseī by all means and at all costs ). BUH!

Now itīs looking forward to `realī Myrthana and how the Piranhas will manage it to link old (w/out re-use of its territory!) with new as seamlessly as possible, making it feel comfortably familiar and yet excitingly different at the same time. Period.

Ragon, the Mage
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:12 pm
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

if we own the english version is it possible to buy and use the german add-on...or are they not compatible, despite language differences, ie will the game even function?

"it would be cool if 'raven' is actually the pirate from Ultima IX and we get to team up with her..."
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:35 pm
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't think I need to tell you how I feel about both sequels of Gothic. Just one thing - Good job! Keep it up...

I wouldn't want this to sound like cheap criticism, but there are a few things I found peculiar...

1) Fire mages are minions of Innos, and fighters against evil, still you can learn to summon henchmen of Beliar (like skeletons, demons,..) in the monastery... Wouldn't it be more logical to find such scrolls and runes at Xardas's?

2) I really miss the old trading system, when you didn't have to sell everything for cash, and then buy everything with it.

3) Once you beat up anyone, you cannot take all of his inventory items (like those of a trader), unlike Gothic I.

Cheers!
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:12 pm
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

actually there are 2 people you can beat up and get all you have sold to them back and then sell it again...its good and bad though, i never use cheats but i always seem to find ways to make things easier in the end.
possible spoiler******

You can sell all your maps to brahim and then beat him up and get them back and so on and so on...he even still likes you after doing this. Quite unlike the other gentlemen who is much more peeved and harder to mug. But...alas ive said to much. Just sell your skins and mushrooms and be good, or your forged swords which their is an unlimited supply of raw steel.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:46 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I stoped the map exploit in the coming G2Hard MOD. I made the price of the map zero gold. So you can not sell it for money.

Or I can flag him to get upset as the rest of NPC will and not trade with you anymore.

I am finishing up a tutorial on MODing stuff in game. Completed another Seeker MOD which makes them tougher (Jekle request). I can show you how to make the Dark Cloak armor they wear tougher, and change the basic stats and EXP given of the Seeker. All this is in the same game.dat file.

I guess PB has not the time and resources to make an editor as was for G1 I read . But has no problem with someone writing one . Later even a script tool to change even more behaviour and make custom quest.

I am very busy, I am passing out information and files for people to try out tommorrow and get e-mails sent out. We had a nasty thunder storm hit us her in the Midwest and I had to cut down a large tree that fell almost into my house! Check back in the 'MOD Disscusion' thread everyone for a nice post on MODing with hex editor by hand. Not that hard to do once you 'see' the data format.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:04 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

HI KaiRo HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:07 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

@ragon, its shmaugus not smaug, and I am still far from my limit man

and who is to say that we cant go back to khorinis in g3?
personally i think it would be cool
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:59 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup it would be cool to see the old island again there can be added new stuff i mean quests remember the orcish wall well in G3 it could be down and u can go behind it and there mayb some kind of orcish base or sth or somekind of Dark Force cos remember behind that wall should be Sect camp Also u couldent get to the other side in G2 to Sleepers temple there can be some story made also in G3 and alot places can be reopened and done something again there
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:05 pm
-Jekyll
Village Leader
Village Leader

I skipped a couple pages when reading this, so I dont know if this has been posted yet. This is not a question, but a suggestion: Can you please get rid of the Hero's pony tail for G3?
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:16 pm
KaiRo
Piranha Bytes
Piranha Bytes

hey folks,

from now on, i will not go into any questions concerning gothic III.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will there be a mod-kit for gothic II? if not, does piranha bytes have any objections to a user-made tool kit? (by xerxes712)

it appears you are already working on a (script?)-editor for gothic II. of course we don't mind please keep us informed about your progress. i have written some of our tools myself, and i can tell you: uniting all those script features in one editor is a hell of a job. lots of engine features (not graphics, but game logic and ai) just don't work the way they should. we piranhas know those problem cases and work around them manually. 99% of the gothic II script code is written in a standard text editor.

good luck! if there's anything i can help you with, don't hesitate to contact me. for the unlike case that there will be a mod-kit for gothic II, i'll let you know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will attributes (e.g. strength) affect the hero's body build in gothic III? (by sheerwolf)

good idea. i've added it (and some more suggestions in this thread) to our brainstorming documents.

will gothic III refer to the hero's guild and background? (by sheerwolf)

indirectly. you won't hear anyone saying things like "boy, i like the way you kicked fletcher's ass back then", because the game won't know anything about your past. that includes your chosen guild.

will there be more ambient stuff for the player in gothic III? maybe even subgames? (by sheerwolf)

yes, there will be plenty of things the player can interact with. subgames? hey, we haven't even started developing the game itself. we're not thinking about subgames right now

could it be that the addon for gothic II is what gothic II was meant to be? (by chronotrigger)

no. in contrast to gothic I (which was redesigned a thousand times and turned out to be very different to what we first planned), gothic II became pretty much what it was supposed to be. there are some aspects, however, that we wanted to improve but had to postpone. fortunately, we could eliminate most of those points of criticism during our work on the addon.

in gothic III, will we see the colony once again? (by chronotrigger)

i don't think so.

will the addon or gothic III finish some unfinished elements of the story? (by whalior)

yes. to be honest, those "unfinished elements" weren't meant to be unfinished. actually, some just remained half-finished due to a lack of time, others are finished, but most players didn't find the conclusion however, we resume some of those threads in the addon.

can we use the german addon with an english gothic II? (by curious)

no. you woudln't want that anyway. in some cases, we just added new dialog to existing characters, so combining an english gothic II with a german addon would lead to a multilingual jumble.

why can firemages (being minions of innos) summon creatures (being beliar's minions)? (by srchbayne)

i guess that's because we weren't particular about it. but i'd have to ask one of the story guys. maybe "summoning" a creature implies being mighty enough to control the antagonistic forces...?!

what happened to the gothic I trading system? (by srchbayne)

we just couldn't stop people from grumbling over the original trading system. that's why we changed it. i understand your criticism, but you can't please all men.

are we getting rid of the hero's pony tail for gothic III? (by jekyll)

hmmm, i don't know. that's a matter of taste. maybe we'll add a bunch of items ("original pony tail", "lara croft ponytail", ...) which you can equip to change the hero's hairstyle.

i'll get back to you soon.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:20 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Good day! Id like to ask one more question will in Gothic 2 addon something changed in valley of mines also i mean maybe something new reopened what was closed in original Gothic 2 ?

Last edited by Daedalus on Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:30 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next