View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Mader
Not at all - it is also possible to stay behind the smaller trolls' backs.
And it doesn't take so much time to kill them...

Darnnit! I guess I'll have to cut back on the Paladin Beer pints then; I must be out of shape 'cause it sure seemed like I was too slow.
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:44 am
OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

I can't wait to get out of work tonight to try this technique. I have a level 17 Malitia. I haven't been let in as a pally yet. I'm not sure what I have to do to prove myself worthy of being a pally.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:21 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by OldScho0l74
I can't wait to get out of work tonight to try this technique. I have a level 17 Malitia. I haven't been let in as a pally yet. I'm not sure what I have to do to prove myself worthy of being a pally.

I wish I could help you, but I'm playing as a merc right now. But I'm sure someone out there knows...
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:06 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

So what did you do so far? Return from the Valley of Mines and then...? You need to solve the Lothar murder issue before you can become a Paladin.
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:14 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I honestly don't know what I was doing different before that made me unable to strafe the guy, but I tried challenging a regular Troll again last night and beat him easily...
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:14 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Sum up.Ways to kill the Big,Bad,Black,(B)roll,lol
1)somewhere you find the Shrink Monster spell scroll,use it
but it takes a lot of mana to cast,you even may not have too much mana to cast,I didnt at least.
2)Beat the sh*t out of it using high damage swords or axes.If you are a paladin just use your blessed sword.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:49 pm
The Griffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

For those of you who are wondering, if you use the target lock key on the troll, then when you use the right and left strafe keys you will automatically circle around it.

I didn't know that the first time I tried this, and it, um, didn't work very well.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:57 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I haven't gone after the Black Troll yet, but here's the technique I used to kill the smaller trolls: Draw your weapon and run straight at him. Give him a couple good whacks while he's doing his roaring challenge, then when he gives the first hint that he's going to swing at you, back up. Keep, backing until he's finished with his swing. He shouldn't have hit you. Rinse and repeat. Strafe around him depending on how much room you have to fight.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:06 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
I haven't gone after the Black Troll yet, but here's the technique I used to kill the smaller trolls: Draw your weapon and run straight at him. Give him a couple good whacks while he's doing his roaring challenge, then when he gives the first hint that he's going to swing at you, back up. Keep, backing until he's finished with his swing. He shouldn't have hit you. Rinse and repeat. Strafe around him depending on how much room you have to fight.

Another technique of mine is:Stand infront of the troll and when it's about to punch you hit it.Its punch attack will stop and....from the begging.
almost punch-hit it
almost punch-hit it....untill it dies.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:18 pm
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you are a fire mage you can kill black troll very easy.
You can't make a shrink monster rune 'cause it's 6 circle spell and in chapter 1 you can learn only 1 circle spells, but fire arrow rune will be enough.Be sure too collect many mana potions 'cause fire arrow doesn't make much damage too black troll.I don't know why this works(must be some bug) but when you stand far from black troll and cast fire arrow on him he won't move a bit toward you and his HP will slowly fall down with every spell casted.Just have patience and after about 100 casted fire arrows he will fall down.Be sure to take his hide to Raoul and take his offer(500 gold pieces and 2 potions or he will keep the hide anyway).Don't fight him right away 'cause I think that duel doesn't work for magicians(at least in my case.I couldn't start a fight with anyone without everybody else get involved), wait till midnight when all others sleep, except Raoul who is allways at the same place.Beat him and take the hide to Bosper for 350 gold if you are his apprentice.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:02 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Fire arrow? Cool, get him earlier in the game with that.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:04 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2